Update 11/26 Prince 161 with PMPS in 3.5 hours.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Prince’s Mom, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It will be safe if over 200. Get a +2 and if lower than the PMPS you will need to test more often. Post asking for help. He’s safe if over 50 on a human meter. If he drops under 90 he earns a reduction. Normal bg is 50-120. I know it’s scary to see lower numbers so ask for help. You can guide him with food.

3. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member

178 at PMPS. I shot 0.25 and will check at +2. I didn’t want to skip but didn’t think I should shoot the 1.5. Also, should I change the title of this thread each time? It wouldn’t let me, so I just did “Update”.

4. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hi! Looks like he is doing okay although you should get that extra test in.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Look for "Thread tools" to edit your original subject line
    upload_2020-11-26_20-9-30.png

You really do need to start shooting anything over 150...as long as you can test, you are in control of his blood glucose. As you gain more experience and confidence, you'll actually start shooting even lower numbers. I would shoot China if she was above 50 (on Tight Regulation) and you'll need to learn to shoot Prince if he's above 90 (SLGS)

Lantus works best when it's given at those lower numbers. I know it seems like if you gave 1U when he was at 300 and he dropped to 150, that if you gave 1U at 150, he'd drop to zero, but it doesn't work that way!

Paula and Rocky likes this.
  6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Hope all went well overnight! I don't think you were in any danger and that 197 at +2 was good to see. Like @Chris & China (GA) said, I was able to shoot at numbers just above 50 when Zoot! was well along and following tight regulation - not recommending that for you - it took me months to get a read of Zoot!'s cycle. I will look for a new post to see how Prince is doing today.

Paula and Rocky likes this.
  7. Prince’s Mom

Prince’s Mom Member