Update on Crash's nose cancer

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda and Crash (GA), Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

We got a second opinion last week from a local homeo-vet. She thought it was SCC (squamous cell carcinoma) also, but we decided to do a cytology and antigen test for a fungal infection also, just in case. Unfortunately, it came back negative. My vet cousin also said SCC based on emailed symptoms and pics.

So, three opinions of SCC, but the only way to be sure is well over $2k of testing, which we cannot afford. All vets said that the nose would have to be removed, and quality of life severely compromised to conventionally treat, plus it would only gain ~6 months of life, and give him a great deal of pain.

So...the internet search is on.

I decided to check out Essiac formularies for pets, and they are available. I have settled on these two products and will let you know if I see improvement, or at least a stall of the cancer growth. There are other Essiac formulas out there - true ones - but I liked the combo in this one and the ointment...and the success stories on the site. Helping with pain and energy levels seems good also. Hopefully he will consume it - that's always the challenge! If not, then yummy foods until he decides it's time to let go.

cancer support kit :: http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/cat-cancer-kits
    all clear ointment :: http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/cat-skin-disease

His little nose seems to be inflamed on the left side down to the upper lip. At the nostril, the skin has been eaten away some on the left side. Now on the right side of the nostril, the cauliflower is growing and is dark colored. He is sneezing quite often now, maybe due to food/water/fur up the nose, or perhaps the tumor is inside blocking the airway a bit. He does bathe it daily, and the 5P's are still okay. He still wants to snuggle, go outside, use litterbox, sleep and occasionally play. So, other than a funny nose, I think he's feeling okay. The homeo-vet gave me Bupe tho so I would have it when needed. But I don't think he needs it quite yet.

I will let you know how things are going with the new program. Hoping my next post is a much happier one. WIsh I would have known this was cancer last summer. I think the Essiac would have been much more helpful then.

Love to all - Linda and Crash

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. Raggie Doll

Raggie Doll Member

I really hope you find some answers, i had a siamese cross bella who at 18 yrs got a nasal tumour i had one vet tell me to PTS which just wasn't gonna happen yet! i like yourself got a few opinions unfortunately in my case it was too far gone and had grown but she was at that age as well. They told me 3 ,months where we actually got her for an extra 11 months with a good quality of life with different meds which do cost a lot here in the uk putting me in debt but it was worth it and if you can find some even experimental treatment that might give your baby a little more time.

I wish you all the luck

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

If you're open to alternative options, here's one to read about. Not FDA approved, which is common for this genre. Still, it might be helpful. Some of the members seem to have had some results.

The Black Salve Neoplasene Cancer Forum

They also post infor about other options too.

5. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Linda,

Please do join the Yahoo Feline Cancer Group. They were a great support and source of information for me a year and half ago when my tabby had a lung tumor.

Terri

6. Linda and Crash (GA)

Linda and Crash (GA) Member

Thank you all for the tips. I have joined both groups, and have been opened to BSN group and will get on there Friday to do some reading. No word from Yahoo group, but am reposting today. I am hosting Thanksgiving this year, so it's too crazy here after work to get on the board until then. I am hoping the Essiac stuff gets here today. Thank you again for your love, concern and advice.

:) - Linda and Crash

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending love and puuurayers...
    jeanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.