Update on Pablo (one year post-radiation)

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Holly and Pablo, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

So some of you may remember me and my sweet acro kitty Pablo. Pab had radiation last May in Colorado, and my life has been a whirlwind since. I graduated nursing school, met and married the man of my dreams, started a new job, and moved. So it's been chaotic! Sorry it seemed like I fell off the face of the earth...I kinda did.

Pablo is still on insulin, but down to 2-3 units instead of 9. He's truckin' along pretty good for a 13 year old cat. I suppose some of you thought he'd died...the people at Colorado did! I got a call at the animal hospital where I work from the radiation department at CSU asking for the date we euthanized him. The caller did not realize who I was obviously! I laughed as I told them he was very much alive and well. Still as sweet as ever.

So, that's it. My quick update. I rarely ever get on my computer anymore since I'm not in school, so I'll use that as my excuse as to why I'm absent from the board nowadays. I'll try not to be such a stranger in the future. Hope all is well here on the board with all the kitties.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

thanks for the update --- great to know that Pablo and you are doing well
    :D

3. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

WOW Holly,
    Sounds like life is wonderful for you. CONGRATULATIONS on graduating school - what a huge accomplishment! And on your wedding! I'm so happy for you! And of course to Pablo - what great news - less insulin - a new dad - new home! WE LOVE hearing GOOD news! THANK YOU for letting us know this! WE wish you all the very very best!

I don't know if you are interested - but we do an acrocat calendar every year now. If you would like Pablo in it - let me know! :)

Have a wonderful life!
    xxx
    patti

4. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Holly,
    I am sooo soooo glad to hear this news. Didn't you stop posting mid week during his SRT? Fell off the planet? I wasn't alone in thinking.... well anyway...
    Hurray for Pablo, and hurray for graduating. My DD is just starting her last year of her BSN, and on the 2nd day, she's already overwhelmed....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.