? [UPDATE w/ QUESTION] Green PS?! What is this?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jenna Josie, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

So we were getting frustrated by all those yellows once we finally went up to 1.75 (although now that I really look at it, it's really only been a few cycles -- just lots of yellow tests during those cycles, so it seems like forever, lol). It felt like the insulin wasn't having much actual action, just holding her more or less steady without a discernible curve.

So we were so happy to see a mid-blue +4 last night!

. . . And now greens at AMPS? What is this??

I'm super-curious. I am working at home today and could get any tests that you think may be helpful. E.g., I remember reading somewhere that there's a good time post-feeding to see whether/if the pancreas is doing something on its own . . . maybe a +2 or a +3? I can't remember/find that post . . .

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Nice! Try to grab a +1 or +2 if you can. More in a sec.

3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

105 at +1.5 <--- Never thought I'd be disappointed by a 105! :rolleyes:

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It’s not that bad! It’s so close to a green we could really call it a green.

Basically you want to see if the number is going up a lot during that time period due to a food spike. If it doesn’t it means the pancreas might be coming out to play. It really didn’t go up much at all which may mean you are seeing some pancreas activity...a good thing!

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Okay! That's so good to know -- thanks, Rachel! I'll grab one more test at +3, just to see, and then keep my fingers crossed she doesn't end up in the pinks at PMPS!

Rachel likes this.
  6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

So of course she did just that, just throwing us a 352! :banghead:

We go back to her now regular dose, 1.75, right? Or reduce since she seems to have gone low last night with a loooong (14 hours) cycle?

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sorry Jenna! It was a busy night...I didn't get back on here like I usually do. I should have warned you that she'd probably be high at night. What did you end up giving? It's kind of a crap shoot...could have been that the green was a fluke, could have been that the insulin was too much. There are a lot of factors other than the cycle was too long that could have caused the low number, but we can't know what happened really...

8. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

No worries, Rachel! We knew she’d be high (my theory is bounce from what I assume was a low, late nadir in the wee hours of the morning + no insulin for the day) just not what to do about it :) She was high again this am, so I’m glad we went with 1.75 last night instead of reducing.

I did wonder yesterday am if I shouldn’t have given her something, even .25, and so with two consecutive pinks now, of course I’m wishing I had. This is a couple of times now that her numbers have been pretty unbudging for a few cycles and then relatively low for AMPS (e.g. July 23. That time, she was 113, and we gave .75 though the consensus was we could have given 1u.). It does seem that her bounces are bigger the higher the dose she is on before she goes low ...

She’s just so confusing! And I really, really hate these consecutive pinks. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.