URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by JackieP, Nov 11, 2021.

1. JackieP

JackieP Member

I’m copying my whole post from the Facebook group, but the main info is this morning I shot a half-dose 0.5u after a reading of 108 on Relion Premier. 2.5 hours later he is at a 62. I am sitting here wondering if I should give him some honey or sugar, and how much.

Not quite sure if I did the right thing here. Started on 1u prozinc less than a week ago and only on day 3 of testing. I haven’t been able to get too many mid cycle readings yet just because my days are kind of chaotic but I’m trying my best to get in a routine.
    This mornings pre-shot was 108 which is the lowest number I have seen yet(yesterday AM 234 and PM 117), and we’re in the middle of transitioning to low-carb canned.

I was too nervous to give him the full dose so I gave him 0.5

Tried to give him Evolve Turkey but he looked disgusted so opened a can of FF pate and he started eating a little. I know it’s important that he eats something but didn’t want to go straight to the kibble if I could avoid it.

I know this will get easier once I get more data but I’m not sure if I jumped the gun on reducing his dose this morning…
    I just found the prozinc dosing methods on the FDMB but i guess I don’t know how to confidently dose when I don’t have enough data yet.

2. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Hey Jackie.
    When you have an emergency like this, you post in the welcome and health forum. More people there. No one is watching this forum for these posts.

JackieP likes this.