Urgent dosing advice - high numbers, vomiting & not eating

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Panic, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Please see original thread!

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...at-amps-427-leaving-soon.215193/#post-2383861

Kept kitty in last night so she could eat throughout the night, she ate all her night snacks, I put her out about 7AM this morning. She was at the door like usual at 9AM, I let her in to eat and she didn't seem interested. I went outside to feed the rest of the animals, found some vomit but multi-cat household, not sure who it was. Vomit is normal, no blood.

Came back in, she hasn't eaten but staying at the water bowl drinking...found more vomit on the carpet, don't think she's touched the food I set out though. AMPS reads 427, she didn't squirm during testing like she normally does.

Did not get a reading last night (sorry!), reading today, yesterday, and day before were done on Alphatrak. She's on 4u but we think she's been bouncing. Do I half her dose or skip it?

UPDATE: Kitty ate a handful of PureBites chicken and ate a few bites of Fancy Feast when I sprinkled more on top. She's done eating for now but only had a few bites, she moves away if I offer her a small piece of Fancy Feast now.

I do not have a syringe to feed or ketostix :( She was supposed to get her insulin at 9:30 but it's almost 10:30 now.

2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Thank you Cassandra! Forgot to add the link

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

@JanetNJ Wonder if you could help !

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Update from original post - she looks like she's eaten at least half her food finally! Will post test numbers around 11 and then I'll need dosage advice!

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

UPDATE: She has eaten enough, waited a half hour, tested at 480 on Alphatrak. How much should I dose her? Her last dose was 4u 9PM last night.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Maybe she has a hairball. Consider getting a blood ketone meter and keeping her in while her numbers are so wack.