? Urgent Dosing Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Nancy S, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

After a series of very high numbers, KittyLou has been on 4 U of Prozinc twice a day. Today is her 5th day on that dose. Yesterdays numbers were bad. AMPS 706, +4 717, PMPS 696. However today is another story. Today at AMPS she was only 490, and I tested her this evening, 40 minutes ago and her +11 was 288. I know her past numbers have been very high, and I would like to see the lower numbers continue. I also feel very reluctant shooting 4 U of Prozinc with a number of 288. What would you do if it were your cat. KittyLous acromegaly test came back from MSU yesterday and her IGF-1 was only 22, so the vet feels acro is not an issue. Her numbers were always high, but got much worse these past 6 weeks due to her thyroid normalizing after I 131. So, tonights dose should be what?

2. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

3. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

I tagged her for you, she's not on all the time so you may want to msg her. I hope you get the help you need & I will pray for KittyLous & you as well.

Nancy S likes this.
  4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Above 200 is safe to shoot, just test again to make sure she's flat or rising. In fact, this is great! Hopefully you can "catch" the lower number and hold onto it.

As always I'd advise a +2/+3 test to see how the cycle may go. Would you be able to stay up and test if needed? I don't think you're at risk of numbers going too low but always like the safety net.

Chrispooky12 and Nancy S like this.
  5. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Nancy S

Nancy S Member

@FrostD, thank you so much for responding. I kept my wits about me and read the Prozinc dosing guide, and took the reading at +11 which was 288, then an hour later it was 354, (which was shot time but I delayed the shot). Another hour went by and it was 465 (+13), so I gave her the full 4 units then! Praying for the best!!!
    I dont know if I messed things up by delaying the shot an hour. I’ll test her again in one or two hours, before i go to bed (and hopefully she wont be dropping fast).
    Can I give her the shot an hour early tomorrow to get back on schedule if her numbers are high? Prozinc has no depot, correct, so todays dose is the actual dose?

Chrispooky12 and FrostD like this.
  7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I would shoot 4 at that 288... He's probably just getting a little longer duration. Don't lose the momentum. It's what you want to see.

Nancy S and Chrispooky12 like this.
  8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Next time
    don't wait... You want to try to catch it BEFORE it hits the black numbers. Definitly no reason to delay a number over 300.

Nancy S and Chrispooky12 like this.