? Urgent dosing question

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ramon's mom, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Ramon's mom

Ramon's mom Member

Ramon's BG today has been lower than it ever was at AMPS. So far I did not give a dose but am wondering if I should give a reduced dose. Last night I came home much later than expected and his PM dose was 3 hours late. Today I tested at the regular time and it was 124 which it never has been at AMPS. I waited 2 hours and it had gone up to 160. I fed him some chicken and 25 minutes later its at 186. So now we're closing in on +12 from last night's late dose. Do I skip the dose? Do I give a reduced dose? He usually is high at the dose times so I have no idea what to do. Skipping in the past has sent him bouncing.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Are you available to monitor him through this cycle?

3. Ramon's mom

Ramon's mom Member

Yes. I was hoping to run out for an errand at some point (for an hour or so?). So far I have skipped this dose.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you have strips available and lots of food, just in case, then I would go ahead and give him the full dose. He has not been dropping extremely low and probably won't but better to be prepared in case you need to steer him with food at all. Leaving him for an hour to do an errand is no problem. Get a test at +3 post shot for starters.

You need to put the 202 you shot last night in the PM box for the 20th with a +15 under it and then put the 124 reading this morning in the +9 box for the PM cycle on the 20th. Then put the 160 in the +11 box of the PM cycle on the 21st and the 186 into the AMPS today. Make notes in the comments about the timing (times)) for your reference going forward. Any questions, holler.

Ramon's mom likes this.
  5. MrWorfMen's Mom

When you have a spare minute, can you please remove the "911" prefix from the title. That is used when a cat is in imminent danger and Ramon is just fine! When we see that "911" it gets our adrenaline pumping. ;)

Ramon's mom likes this.
  6. Ramon's mom

Ramon's mom Member

Somehow the website did not show me your responses until just now. He has not got any insulin yet and it is way past time. What exactly do I do about that? I can;t shoot now and stay up for the +12 time. I used the 911 sign because I often post questions and don't get answers for a day

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to wait until his evening shot time.

Ramon's mom likes this.
  8. Ramon's mom

Ramon's mom Member

I plan now to get back to his normal evening dosing time and restart his current dose. Since, knock-on-wood, he has never gone over 400 and usually just swings highs in the 300's, I'm hoping there's no danger in just letting today play out with a skipped dose.

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'm sorry you didn't get the alert. When you are waiting for a response it's a good idea to refresh your browser periodically. I've seen times when alerts did not come through right away but usually it's just that the screen as been sitting idle and doesn't show the update until you "wake" it up.