? Varying Schedule

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by gweeb, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gweeb

gweeb New Member

I've posted about this before (awhile ago) but my schedule is going to be changing pretty dramatically next week and I'm not sure what to do about giving Ruby her shots. There is no way that I am going to be home within the same 12 hour period every day of the week and while I can ask my roommate to do it there is no guarantee that she will be home either (in fact, I'm pretty sure she is also working at the times that I am). I don't really have anyone else to ask.

My question is is there anyone here who also has a variant schedule? How do you coordinate shots and your work/school schedule?

The current plan is to talk to the vet tomorrow about possibly giving her up for adoption to someone who would be better able to care for her or other possible solutions.

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

How has she been doing with her BG? Don't remember if you were testing but also don't see a meter in your signature. What is your schedule looking like next week? No way they would work with you since Gina needs you?

I hope you don't have to give her up but if you truly think she can get better care, I understand you want to do what's best for her. Please don't let the Vet give you the other option of PTS though.

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

If you can tell us when you are currently giving Ruby her shots and when you will be available to give shots on your new work schedule, we can help you figure this out. It would also be helpful to know how Ruby is doing right now.

I thought I saw a dose of 1 unit in one of your previous posts but your signature indicates she is now getting 1.5u. As Yong mentioned, knowing if you are home testing would be helpful and if so, some data to see how Ruby is doing. That information could have some influence on scheduling suggestions.

There are folks here working different shifts and often it can be worked out but that said, if you feel you can't care for her as well as you'd like to, rehoming is the best option as diabetes is very treatable and she can live a long healthy life with treatment. We understand and each of us has to look at our own circumstances to decide what to do. It's obvious you are very concerned about Ruby's welfare. :bighug:

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Canisilun is about more flexible than other insulins and can be adjusted time wise about easier. Can you tell us more about your schedule so we can suggest ways to work around it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.