Vengeance OTJ 1 month as of today :)

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Ummlee and Vengeance, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Ummlee and Vengeance

Ummlee and Vengeance Member

so Vengeance has been OTJ for 1 month today.. I believe his Diabetes was steroid induced and high card diet( was on urinary track specialty food).. so the change in diet and with every ones help from here.. he went from my vet telling me the 2nd day he was hospitalized I might want to think about letting him go to.. today a month later and him running around like a 6 month old kitten(hes 7 years old) and driving me nuts which I will gladly accept over the cat that could not even lift his head off the floor of the cage in the animal hospital... I am still monitoring his BG at least twice a day usually 3 or 4 have been doing weekly BG cycles.. checking his blood Ketones.. oddly I have NOT heard back from my vet when they said I was supposed to bring him in for a BG cycle a month after he was released from his hospitalization (Dec 27th).. as of now I do not intend to contact them on the issue and just see if they ever contact me.. sadly he has been going there his whole life as well as my other 5 cats have been there and I have used that practice for all of my animals for 30 years... they started him out with a crazy high dose told me to not test at home.. but thankfully to the members here I did and got his dose correct and then got him OTJ.... thank you so much to those who have helped Vengeance .. I have been scared to make a post week by week not wanting to jinx him so Anti Jinx knock on wood he stays OTJ.. now to deal with his other issues... over grooming and asthma and hopefully no more urinary blockages...
    @Critter Mom
    @JanetNJ

Catacular and Pookie (GA) like this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Love this! So happy for you