Vetsulin

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by kristie alcorn, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristie alcorn

kristie alcorn Member

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Vetsulin & needles other than the vet place? I need to try to save on her medicine.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You can check online for vet pharmacies or look in the "supply closet" forum here on FDMB. Many people order syringes from adwdiabetes.com.

kristie alcorn likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Valleyvet.com and other online pharmacies.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I have done some online research, and I found that while the Vetsulin itself is cheaper, the cost of shipping makes it more expensive than what my vet offers. I checked with my local Costco, and it was $30 more expensive there (they don't keep it on hand, so I imagine the extra price is shipping again). Definitely check around for the best option for you. I pay about $55 from my vet, so that's easiest and cheapest for me.

I never buy my syringes from the vet, because what they charge is highway robbery. Like Kris mentioned, I buy my syringes from adwdiabetes. The ones I use have half unit markings, are always inexpensive, and located here: https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/16363/carepoint-vet-u-40-syringe-29g-half-unit.

5. kristie alcorn

kristie alcorn Member

Okay thank you everyone. I will take a look & see what will cost me less.

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I think it's like $58 at my vet so I just get it there, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.