? Vomiting Right Before Shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by H.M. Victor (GA), Sep 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Victor threw up all his food just minutes before when we give him his shot, so what should we do? Should we just skip his shot or see if he'll eat some more and give his shot a little later than usual?

Also, he threw up just a couple of minutes after trying to have a bowel movement and only getting out one little, hard piece of stool, which I've read can be common in cats with constipation, but is it something that we should take him into the vet to have evaluated?

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you think it is hairball related or does he seem to not feel well? Does he seem like he may want to eat now? If he has not seen the vet recently, you may want to give him a call. Bad timing since this is a weekend. I feel for you. Bama does not feel well today. He hasn't thrown up nor does he have a fever but he's not eating well and his numbers are a little high. It is hard to know what to do. Take a wait and see attitude until something else develops?

Since Victor's numbers seem high this morning. If he will eat a little more, maybe you could give 1/2 his usual dose.

3. H.M. Victor (GA)

H.M. Victor (GA) Member

Definitely doesn't seem to be hairball-related and he seems to be feeling okay otherwise, so I think it was related to his constipation, since it was right after he tried to have a bowel movement that he threw up. He did eat some more food but it's now two hours after we normally give him his shot, so I don't know if it would still be okay to give it so late, plus I really don't want to have to push his PM shot back by two hours as well.

I'm sorry to hear Bama's not feeling well either; seems like quite a few kitties here are having a rough time lately :(
    I hope Bama gets feeling better soon, vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:to both of you.
    It really does suck when it's the weekend and you can tell something is off with our kitties, so the only choices are to wait and see or take to a different vet if possible...very nerve-wracking.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.