"Walk me through hometesting, please"

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by EricH., Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Absolutely! We just do the SS (I can do it for you, Eric, if you don't have a desktop as it is much easier to actually start it that way. Editing it from any mobile device is then easy as long as you download the free google drive and Google sheets apps.

@EricH. if you need help with the SS or how to use it on your phone, please send me a PM. To do that, click on "Marje and Gracie" under the photo at your left and then click on "start a conversation".

2. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Not sure why she's going up but we're
    +5 411
    Not liking that number!

3. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the great advice. I tried everything with the food. It's really the hardest part. I'm not sure why she's going up to 411 at this moment? Should l give her some mirtazapine to maybe spark her appetite more?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure about the higher number. We have another saying (we have so many) that "It's just one number/It's just one cycle". We are looking for patterns and trends over time.

Sparking her appetite isn't a bad idea.

5. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

+8 393

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

She is surfing along. Meters have a 20% variance so generally we would consider numbers in that range to be similar. So she has held steady in the same range for 3 hours. Not as low as ideal, but not bad. Encouraging that she didn't continue to rise from +5

EricH. likes this.
  7. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

+11 421

8. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Thank you Sue and Oliver. Your help means a lot to me. As well as everyone that's helped Phoebe and l. This is emotionallydraining at times.

9. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

How is she feeling Eric?

EricH. likes this.
  10. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Sharon she's doing alright. She just got done eating some chicken. She's actually cleaning herself at the moment hahaha. She did eat some dry/wet mix earlier. So that's promising. I also took her for a walk in the yard earlier. She loves that. Nibbling on grass and watching birds.

11. Sharon14

Great! As Sue and Rachel taught me, she's more than just a number. Maybe the fresh air and exercise will help to stimulate her appetite. Give her some chin scritches from me!

EricH., Rachel and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  12. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

+12 491

13. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

+2 433

Sharon14 likes this.
  14. Sharon14

7/25
    AMPS 474
    +2 367
    +5 411
    +8 393
    +11 421
    PMPS 491
    +2 433
    +5 419
    Have you talked to Marje about the spreadsheet?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    EricH. and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Eric, with that +2 being lower than the PMPS, it could indicate an active cycle. So, can you test tonight, especially around +5- +7, approximate nadir time? If she were to drop quickly or a lot you can steer her with some regular LC food to slow down the descent some. The reason you want to slow the descent down is because a drop too much or too quickly can cause bouncing into higher numbers.

EricH. likes this.
  16. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

Yes of course! Anything! And not trying to sound ignorant but what's LC food mean?

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh Sorry it stands for Low Carb food, MC- Medium Carb food and HC= High Carb. When you get to the point that she starts going into lower numbers (and she will get there ;)) you will possibly use the MC or the HC to steer her up.

Low Carb is 1% -10 %
    Medium carb 10-17% carbs
    High carb food is above 18% usually will have “gravy in the name

18. Bobbie And Bubba

19. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

I need to give her high carb canned food even though she's not eating canned food at all?

20. Bobbie And Bubba

You don't need to give any HC food with numbers this high. But when and if you would need to steer her, and she isn't eating any canned food still, you might need to put a few drops of honey or karo syrup on some dry food to boost her numbers up. But, like I said, you don't need to worry about that until she goes 50 or below on a human meter.

EricH. likes this.
  21. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

I'm prepared! Thank you! Homey and syrup are ready. I thought FF Flake was bad for them? I do have the classic though.

22. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

What number do you recommend? +5 or +7? Or both?

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Start with the + 5 and depending on what the number is, say if she is still in the 300's I would call it a night and get some sleep.

EricH. and Sharon14 like this.
  24. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

+5 419
    Goodnight everyone.
    Thank you for all your help!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  25. Sharon14

She'll get there Eric, it takes time. Tomorrow start a new thread since this ones getting long. Remember Sue said if she's in the high 300's maybe increase dose to 1.5, but post if you're not sure

EricH. likes this.
  26. EricH.

EricH. Well-Known Member

I wish l would of read this before l shot here at 1.25. Starting new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.