Wet Food Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Knom3, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knom3

Knom3 Member

Hello Everyone! Good evening or Good morning.

I'm quite fairly new to feeding wet cat food only (almost there, still transitioning) but correct me if I am wrong, but as long as your in the same brands it is okay to switch flavors so they have variety right?

What about also switching brands, or do you generally want to stay in the same brand with different flavors?

I am just wondering, there is so many different wet food brands ranging in prices high to low out there and just don't want Diesel and my other 2 cats (also transitioning them to wet only) to get bored.

Thanks again everyone :bighug::rb_icon:

2. SoCal Cat

SoCal Cat New Member

I like having a rotation of a few options. I don't think it matters if you vary brands, but once you 2-3 varieties that work, don't keep switching around just for novelty's sake. You might also just want to focus on the same protein sources across brands (I tend to rely on chicken and turkey). I also sprinkle in some freeze dried raw on top of wet food from time to time as a treat or if my cats seem finicky.

jt and trouble (GA) and Knom3 like this.
  3. Knom3

Knom3 Member

It would be nice to dabble in some freeze dried. I can’t remember if I’ve given my cats that before. Maybe Diesel ...but treats only like FOREVER ago.
    What brand do you use?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. SoCal Cat

SoCal Cat New Member

Primal freeze dried raw turkey (feline formula)

jt and trouble (GA) and Knom3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.