? What food should I buy?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by markuss, Nov 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markuss

markuss New Member

hi Guys

Did a little research on the internet and found out that cat food Cachet and Felix only contain 4 percent meat. Was really shocked and disappointed when I read that. For one reason, because I've been buying these two foods my cat for a few years.

One of the reasons I decided to buy these two cat foods was that I thought they were very quality and very healthy. That has thrown me out of the rhythm now. So now I don't know which cat food should I buy further. Do you have a suggestion?

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO FDMB Markus
    Many here feed Fancy Feast Pates they are all 10% and under carbs. Carbs feed diabetes its like throwing gasoline onto a fire.
    Are you home testing your cats blood glucose? If not I wouldnt change his food until you are. WE CAN HELP YOU LEARN HOW TO DO THIS.
    I'm going to direct you here:
    New? How You Can Help Us Help You!
    To get yourself accustomed on how things work around here. Please pay particular attention to the Profile Signature section. All that info you fill in will appear at the bottom of all your posts.

There are other foods that are low in carbs and are listed here:

Dr. Pierson - new Food Chart

We are dedicate to helping anyone who finds theses pages
    WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY :bighug:

We look forward to getting to know you and your kitty.
    This is the best site on this planet, to learn everything you need to know about feline diabetes and BEYOND.;)
    jeanne.:coffee:

PS. Please remove the GA from your title. GA here, means your kitty has passed away, as in "Gone Ahead or Guardian Angel" :rb_icon:

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.

I'm assuming you are in Australia going by the names of the cat food but have including a few other lists as well. If you are in the EU, scroll down to the bottom of the UK Cat Food List for EU-specific cat foods.

Also tagging @Vyktors Mum and @Bron and Sheba (GA) for you.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm I’m not sure he is in Australia, I’ve never heard of Cachet. The gold standard for a cat (whether diabetic or not) is a complete raw food, not plain raw meat though, that doesn’t have all the nutrients needed. You’d want to change over about 10-20% at a time, adding more raw and less canned each day so as not to upset the digestive system. You don’t need to feed as large a quantity as you do of canned and you’ll find that the poops get smaller (there’s less waste in the food) and less stinky - bonus!

5. jammes

jammes New Member

It's like that when you decide to buy such food in the supermarket. I've convinced myself of this when my little cat often had severe stomach problems. After a while, I took you to a vet for an examination. When I briefly explained to him what was wrong with her, he immediately suggested that I change her food. He was firmly convinced that I feed my little cat with very cheap and unhealthy food. He suggested this page to me at https://mypet.ch/katzenfutter/ . He said that once my little cat starts eating this cat food, it will never have stomach problems like this in its life. And he was absolutely right. From then on my cat is completely healthy, eats very well and is very happy.

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thank you but that food is not available in the US or outside of Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.