What to do? What to do with my crazy cat!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Holtfam6, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

Hello all-

Chance was doing really good as you can tell by his numbers. We started decreasing the prozinc and he was doing good. He started bouncing. Now his numbers are all over the place so we increased his dosage. Thoughts on what we should do? Go up to 4.25 units twice a day? Thanks for all you do! @FrostD

Kathy

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  2. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

Melissa had her baby a few days ago so I'm going to tag another member for you @Suzanne & Darcy

3. Chrispooky12

I'm not an experienced member with dosing an such but I just took a look at his spreadsheet & you should have taken a reduction when you got that 76 with SLGS any number under 90 is an automatic reduction. Also you don't have many PMPS tests so it's hard to see the whole picture. My take by looking at his spreadsheet is that he is overdosed, probably dropping low at night & it's causing him to bounce.

4. Chrispooky12

It doesn't look like Suzanne has been on since this afternoon. I will tag a couple of other members.
    @Bandit's Mom @Bron and Sheba (GA) @tiffmaxee Hey lady's I know your not experienced with prozinc but if you could take a look at Chances spreadsheet & see what you think & maybe help Kathy out with a dose going forward?

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He earned a reduction with that 74. Reduce to 3,75. He’s bouncing from that. Bounces take 4/6 cycles to clear.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    Chrispooky12 likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree, you need to reduce the dose to 3.75 units.
    there are no tests in the pm cycles for us to see what is happening for 1/2 of the time. Are you able to get at least one test in during the PM cycle? A before bed test is a good habit to get into and will help see what is going on.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  7. Holtfam6

Holtfam6 Member

yes. I can do some pm tests. His insulin is usually given 7am and 7pm. My daughter says she can do 9pm but I think might be too early?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

A+2 is often very useful. If the +2 is the same or lower than the preshot, it can mean that the cycle will be an active one and the BGs could drop quite a bit, so you would need to test a bit later in the cycle.

Chrispooky12 and tiffmaxee like this.
  9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Glad to see more blues and yellows. Just concurring with the reduction to 3.75U.

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  10. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Me too. Sorry I had meetings all day and am just now seeing this. He's doing well, I agree with the suggested reduction since you are following SLGS (and also are not always getting night tests.) You may be right about the +2 being too early for Chance. Looking at his spreadsheet he has often gone up at +2 or is about the same. But if it's all you can do, then I would do it.

Chrispooky12 likes this.