? When to consider a dental?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Panic, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

This is regarding my civie, Fenton. :) He is pushing 13 and has never had a dental. Teeth are pretty yellow so I was considering a dental but I'm nervous about putting him under. No health problems aside from FIV and arthritis, which he takes Adequan for. I haven't updated his rabies shot because I was concerned about giving vaccines now that he is FIV+. Not sure if I could request a titer instead.

Would it be a good idea to get a teeth cleaning done for someone like him, with little chance of complications?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Good question The last time I asked about dentals I was asked about vaccines. The vet wouldnt touch Zoe because shes never had a booster. I didnt know they needed boosters. Well I told them I'll get back to them and well...never went back. :eek:
    I know, Iiiiii know.

3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Oh jt! :woot:

I mean technically my vet isn't very picky about vaccine certifications. I took my dachshund a couple months ago for a dental and they never asked to see one, they just take my word for it that she's up to date. But I don't want to be intentionally lying to her LOL. I'm just trying to weigh safety options. :nailbiting:

4. jt and trouble (GA)

lol Yeah I get that that.

5. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m curious to see what everyone says. I’ve only had my guys dental cleaning done once and they’re both 12 :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

6. jt and trouble (GA)

7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.