Where do you buy your insulin?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anthony Gates, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Anthony Gates

Anthony Gates New Member

Admin, if this question is in the wrong thread please let me know (I apologize in advance).

I was wondering where people here have found a pharmacy where they've received the best price for Prozinc?
    I have, for the most part, been buying insulin at Chewy's. Lately, the price has been anywhere from $103-$116 with their discount if I use autoship. And their shipping rate was a flat $4.95.

Recently, I tried Walmart Pet Pharmacy to see if it was any cheaper. I found the vial of Prozinc I needed and it was around $82 and we also used my wife's Rakuten app to get reward points. I should have been paying better attention cause after I mailed in the RX to Walmart I received the invoice and almost flipped. The Prozinc price was great, but the S/H charge was $30. Which with tax brought it right back into the ballpark with Chewy. And NO, my local vet doesn't sell it any cheaper.

So, all things being equal, please let me know what your experience has been getting your insulin or what sort of advice you have regarding where I can get a good deal on the cost of Prozinc. With inflation being what it is, pinching pennies is very important these days.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hello. I used to purchase my ProZinc from Chewy. I’m shocked at that Walmart shipping price. Is it shipped cold with ice packs? The only time I purchased through the Walmart Pet pharmacy, I picked the medication up from my local Walmart so there was no shipping charge. But that was a med that is also used by humans. I also have purchased short acting insulin from Walmart.