Where to buy test strips....cheap.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Jane & Boo (GA), Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

I've been spending $55 per 50 test strips. OUCH. I came across this website:

http://cheapglucoseteststrips.com/

They sell the same test strips I use for $68 per 100 plus Free Shipping!!! Anyone ever order from them?

Jane & Silverado

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i bid for my strips on e-bay. got the last 100 for only $39. one touch ultra.

3. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

Good tip. I'll give it a go.

Thanks...
    Jane & Silverado

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you already tried Hocks? I don't know the price for your test strips, but for the ones I use their price is way better than anything else I have seen.

5. Jane & Boo (GA)

Jane & Boo (GA) Member

Hocks is 50% less for the box of 50 test strips. Way better than what I pay at the local pharm. I'll go that route if I can't get them cheaper thru e-bay.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jane & Silverado

6. Maureen & Sammy

Maureen & Sammy Member

Try hocks.com. Looks cheaper still.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Two others I have used in the past:

https://www.healthwarehouse.com
    (frequently coupons are available http://www.retailmenot.com/view/healthwarehouse.com )

https://diabetespeoples.com
    small outfit from FL - I have had issues with them shipping to the wrong address and not returning email and phone calls recently. But have placed a number of orders that went OK as well.

In my experience, Hocks has tended not to have the best prices on OTU strips. Both of the above have free shipping on any order.

8. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

9. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I just recently switched to a Relion Micro meter purely because of the cost of test strips. I was using an OTU and getting the strips on eBay, which was by far the best way I had found for that particular brand of strips. I love the OTU meter itself and was really happy with it.

I bought a Relion Micro for $10 at Walmart. They also have a Relion Ultima but the Micro takes a smaller blood sample (0.3mL) vs. 0.6 of many others. It is amazing to me how TINY of a drop is required, and that alone makes it worth the switch. The test strips are $20 for 50 strips, and they are only sold at Walmart because it's their brand of meter/strips.

I would seriously consider going this route because of both the ease of testing and the cost savings, unless you do not have a Walmart nearby. You can order the strips from their website but I haven't priced them or looked at shipping. Just make sure you get the correct strips for the meter. I first purchased the Ultima strips for the Micro meter and they are not compatible, nor are they returnable once they've been opened.

10. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

11. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I have the micro as my backup, but only because I accidentally bought the ReliOn Ultima strips. The micro strips you cannot buy from Walmart.com, but the Ultima strips you can and they are cheap. Shipping is 97 cents (where is the cents sign on my keyboard?) to ship to home and gets there in 4-6 days. I continued using the Ultima for that reason as one of my Wal-Mart's runs out a lot and the other keeps them behind the desk in the pharmacy and I end up waiting in line.

I do miss the .3 micro sip though. That was fabulous!!

12. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Wow, Steve, that is a GREAT price on the OTU strips, definitely the best I've seen outside of eBay. I try to go the "Buy It Now" route to avoid getting outbid but of course then you usually pay a little more. Do they have that price all the time? I've bookmarked it and will definitely order from there, esp. with the free shipping. Thanks for the link! :)

Hope, I know what you mean about the Micro strips. I usually end up buying at least 2 boxes when I see them because I have had to go to a few different stores because the one near me had run out. I'm afraid I'm getting spoiled by that small sample size and that going back is going to be difficult! I do love the OTU, though.

13. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

I have been happy with the Maxima from Hocks. The meter and 100 strips are $31;
    and the strips are $16.50 for 50. I buy 8 boxes at a time. If you buy about 4 boxes the shipping is free. Drop size is .5mcrol

14. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Diabetespeople is $28 for 50 OUT strips with free shipping...

I used to use the OTU and switched to the Freestyle Lite - I liked the OTU [and probably trust it's measurements more at numbers above 200] but the amount of blood it requires is 'barbaric' in comparison.

15. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

Haven't ordered from them yet S&B. Placing order on Monday. They supposedly have very fast shipping though.

Good deal G&H. I think the latest version of the UltraMini requires .7mL of blood. Freestyle Lite is .3mL though.

16. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

I got mine through ebay but they were short-dated. ~$30 for 100 bayer contour

17. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

I can now firmly attest to the fast shipping. Ordered them from Bargain OTC on Monday morning and rec'd them today. Expiry 2/2011. I know these strips are more expensive than other strips in general, but they seem to be extremely consistent and reliable. Worth it IMO as I've had lots of bad/irregular/inconsistent readings with the Relion strips.

From what I gather, the OTU Blue strips test the blood sample twice to ensure an accurate reading. DoubleSure Technology they call it. I think I may believe it. :D No need to calibrate them either as the are always '25'. That never was an issue with me tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.