Why You Must Keep Testing!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by flyingduster, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingduster

flyingduster Member

I’ve been distant from all things FD for the past couple of months. I was burned out from the different opinions as my kitty just bounced and bounced no matter what.

I found a dose that seemed to “work” (she still bounced a LOT! It’s just our working dose didn’t bring her too low and I found, with time and testing, that I could give her full dose on even a low preshot because of her bouncing) and I basically just held that level for weeks and weeks. It was working for us. Clinically she was 100% fine, with no outward symptoms of anything. And so I went through the motions and did little else. I kept testing ALWAYS before a shot and whenever I could mid cycles.

It has been nine months since she was diagnosed, and not once has she ever had any sign of actually being in very good control. Always, if she had a nice series of numbers, it would be followed by a big bounce. Always!! One morning she was 533, the next she was 74, then back up again. She was a pro bouncer! (Lol)

Until a couple of weeks ago.

I am now, abruptly, chasing her on her way down. She had three dose reductions in 8 days and is still riding the greens with some blue. She is suddenly healing!!?

Now, I don’t care if she levels out or even if she needs an increase again, because this has been an amazing insight that actually things can suddenly begin to heal. And it indicates why even with NO sign of healing for months and MONTHS, we simply must.keep.testing!! You just don’t know when something will change in them!

Her spreadsheet link is in my signature to see this huge sudden shift. (Please note I got myself to a point of being prepared to give full doses on a very low preshot. This is not advised without a lot of data, so don’t assume because you see it here that it’s just ok to do for everyone!)

I’m a bit blown away that she’s gone from huge bounces to all greens and dose reductions so fast.

Go Jasmine!! You can do it!!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW....looking great there Jasmine!!

Keep it up!! (or in this case, keep it down!!)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the colour change. :D Go Jasmine!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

The SS looks great.
    Well done Jasmine and Amy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.