Willi 1994-2009

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Magnus, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus

Magnus New Member

Willi passed away peacefully this morning around 11:45am EST. I had my 'house call' vet come over and Willi was able to stay lying on my bed - one of his favorite spots - and gently passed away with me being able to hold his head and look into his eyes telling him how much I loved him. I am so glad I decided to do this at home. My girlfriend and I wrapped Willi up and she took him to a local crematory for me where he will be individually cremated. Thank you everyone for your support during this difficult time. I will work on a tribute for later.

2. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

I am so sorry Magnus. Willi knew how much you loved him and your love will continue to surround him until you are reunited at the rainbow bridge once again.

((((hugs))))

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

So sorry, Willi had a very good and long life. I'm glad his passing was peaceful and surrounded in the love of his "family".

"fly free Willi"

((hugs))

4. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I am so sorry that your Willi had to leave you, Magnus. It's a heartbreaking time, but try to find the beauty and comfort in the fact that he was in his home surrounded by the most love a kitty could ever ask for. You WILL be together again... true love never dies.

Fly free on angel's wings dear Willi....

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry.

6. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Oh Magnus,
    I always wish I knew something special to say at times like this. My heart aches for you. I know that you have a special angel watching over you now and I know too that Merlin has another special friend with him at the bridge. Willi was so loved by so many of us! Wishing you much love and peace in the days to come. And sending many warm hugs to you right now during this oh so painful time!

xxx

7. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

I'm so sorry, Magnus. Willi was blessed to have your love and care.

Run free, Willi! You will be missed.

8. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

Fly free Willi. Magnus I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. Managed more than many people could have. I hope you get some comfort when Willi comes home...I do from having all my babies here.

9. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this Magnus! I'm glad you were able to be with him, but I'm so, so sad.

10. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Magnus.

11. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Magnus. Fly free Willi.

12. cjaubz

cjaubz Member

Magnus,
    I am so sorry for the loss of Willi. I pray the lord will give you peace.
    Hugs,
    CJ

13. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

((((Magnus))))
    Fly Free Sweet Willi

14. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

So very sorry for your loss Magnus. Fly Free Dear Sweet Willi. You will be missed but never forgotten.

15. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

I'm so sad to read about your loss. :(
    (((hugs)))

Fly free sweet Willi.

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Magnus )))

I'm so sorry. I hope it's some comfort to you that he went peacefully, in a favorite spot, surrounded by love. Fly free, sweet Willi, you will leave a hole in your Papa Bean's heart and be missed greatly.

17. mrmush

mrmush New Member

I'm so sorry to read of Willi's passing. How wonderful that he was able to spend his last bit of time in familiar surroundings with those he loved. Laurie

18. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

oh no. :(
    i am so sorry to read this.
    i was just reading your thread on old board where you said he was 80-84 years old in human years, a very respectable age and only due to your awesome care of dealing with all his issues. if he could i know he would be saying "thank you and i love you".

fly free sweet willi........
    you were a good boy.

((hugs))

~jojo

19. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Magnus, I am so sorry to see this post - it's so difficult to lose our wonderful, much-loved, furry companions and especially difficult over the holidays. You took such good care of Willi and how peacefully for him that he was able to go to sleep while looking into your eyes and hearing your voice whispering to him. To him it was just a nap that took away all of his pain and such a blessing. That is indeed the ultimate gift of love that we can give them and yours was even more special because he was at home on the bed where he was most comfortable.

My heart goes out to you in your sadness - may the wonderful memories of love that you shared comfort you in the days to come. He was indeed a lucky little boy - well, actually both of you were so lucky to have shared the love.

Sending comforting prayers,

Emmy & Dude (& MIttsi too)

20. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Magnus,

I am so sorry you and your girlfriend lost your special boy, you've been such an excellent caregiver for him. Thank you for sharing him with us, and I hope you know you'll always be welcome here. We lose no family around here. :)

I am so glad you were able to help Willi pass without stress, in the most comfortable setting he could be in. It's a brave thing you did, and I am sure he really appreciated that. May he visit you often in your dreams...

Fly free sweet Willi, you were a most excellent cat!

21. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

I'm so very sorry Magnus. :(

22. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Magnus)))

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Janet

23. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

I am so sorry to see this.

Fly free dear (((Willi)))

24. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Oh my heart sank when I saw the title of your post. I know that, thanks to you, Willi lived a long, full life full of love but it is always too soon. You have my sympathy.
    Jess

25. LindaLee & Napoleon

LindaLee & Napoleon Member

I am so very sorry.

26. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss.
    Fly forever free precious Willi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.