? Would like input on Wally's curve today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ginger Cat, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

Because he crashed last week, I reduced his dose, as advised, from 1.5 units Lantus BID to 1.25 units BID. Today's curve has thrown me for a loop, given his very high numbers, past the nadir. Would love your thoughts.

Should I give a fat 1.25 unit? In reality, trying to dose him consistently at 1.25 (without using calipers) is tough as it is.

Thanks,

Gita

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's your last post. We do that so it's easy to go back and see what's been going on.

Did you not get a test after PMPS last night? You might also want to try to get an occasional +3 at night if you can....the more data you have, the easier it'll be to figure out what's going on.

I do think you need to go back up to 1.5. Just because it took him too low before doesn't necessarily mean it will again. Cat's need for insulin can change frequently.

We don't usually suggest going to "fat" or "skinny" doses until we're close to dialing in a perfect dose.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris!

5. Ginger Cat

Ginger Cat Well-Known Member

Thanks, Chris - I didn't do a test after PMPS last night because I have a B&B and had guests needing breakfast in the morning so staying up late and then getting up early wasn't in the cards. Even though they are not leaving until tomorrow, I'll get a +2 PMPS tonight and see how he responds giving the dose change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.