"Would You Rather" Wednesday

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Would you rather be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say?

2. Sarah and Buzz

I would rather be able to hear any conversation, for 2 reasons:

1. Words are very powerful and shouldn't be used lightly. I would be afraid that if I could take back anything I said, I would forget this power and speak carelessly.

2. I am nosy and love people-watching. :)

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd pick the take back. I can think of OODLES of conversations I would rather NOT hear (just think Think Tank!). Ignorance is bliss. :mrgreen:

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm with Joanna on this one. I'd rather be able to take back something I've said. I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but I still sometimes put my foot in my mouth. It would be great to make that foot go away. :smile:

5. Sarah and Buzz

Hmmm, I wasn't thinking of it as "you HAVE to hear every conversation", more like you COULD if you wanted to. If you had to, I think that would change my vote.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i'd rather be able to hear any conversation.

what can i say, i'm curious :D

7. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Definitely take back what I said.

I was working in a computer lab with three guys. One of my other very obnoxious coworkers was trying to guess my password. He asked my cats names. I told him Minou and Angus.

him: "Minou, why Minou?"
    me: "I didn't name her, she came already named."
    him: "What? Did her mother name her as a kitten?"
    me: "No, I got her from the animal shelter. She was 11 months old and already knew her name."
    him: "Okay. What was the other one?"
    me: "Angus."
    him: "Angus? Why Angus?"
    me: "Because he looked like an Angus."
    him: "What do you mean he looked like an Angus?"
    me: "Well, your parents probably named you Peter because you look like a Peter."

I swear it was totally innocent. I got outraged stares from all four guys. When I realized what I had said, I blushed to the roots of my hair.

8. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

I am still laughing! And my daughter is going to give birth any day now to twins, to be named Zachary and PETER!

9. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL, now that's a good story! haha_smiley

I like superpowers. One of my current superpowers is the ability to offend any pretty single woman that crosses my path - it's a curious, sad and sometimes funny superpower. So I really could use the additional superpower of taking back things I say. As for the hearing any conversation superpower - that's a potentially dangerous one that hopefully will not end up in evil hands.

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

that story is tooooooo hilarious!!! bet he'll think twice now before grilling someone on their kitty names!!! ;-)

Sarah, I guess I wasn't thinking of it as "have to", but I seem to get tempted to dip an ear into things and then regret even having gone there. So I'm figuring (unless there is some sort of magic prescreening ability that comes with it), if I started listening in on more things, I would probably end up regretting it.

Gator, it's good to have superpowers, however dubious they may be. ;-) Maybe think of it as part of the screening process - weeding out the overly sensitive or something, lol!

11. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

hmmm... I'd pick hearing any conversation I want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.