Wynken, it's not just Wynken

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Cara and Wynken (GA), Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara and Wynken (GA)

Cara and Wynken (GA) Member

I want to thank everyone for their concern and help. I'm starting to suspect there is something wrong with the food.

Sunday eve is when Wynk went off his food. He and his sister, Blynken, and Zoom all share basically the same few high protein canned foods at every meal, shared out of the same few can(s)... although I mix them in different proportions, giving Wynk the lower carb mix. It's all <10% carb.

Monday night my civvie Zoom puked his dinner all over my bedroom carpet. At the time I attributed this to a new supplement I'd just started a few days ago for his teeth: Perio-something... It actually smells faintly of anise/black licorice ( which I thought he would hate, but he ate it right up). However, Monday nite he puked about an hour later. So LAST night, I added no Perio-stuff, yet I discovered right as I went to bed last night he had puked (again a LOT, the whole meal) on my closet floor. So he got 1/4 Cerenia tab (which he had never had before). HMM

????

THEN, this morning, I was happy Wynk started out eating very well (his first-ever dose of mirtazipine was last nite) so I shot his full 2u dose. When I went back to their sunporch after 20-30 minutes to let Blynken out of her enclosure where she eats, I noticed he had stopped eating, after only consuming half.... And she had eaten only half of her food too (not that she always finishes, but still).

When scooping their shared litter box, I was thinking about how the vet had asked about diarrhea yesterday and I had seen none. None this morning either. But as I finished scooping, Blynken jumped in the box and had a really runny foul smelling poop! OMG! I am so glad I saw this with my own eyes, because if I saw it later, I would have just assumed it was him.

So now I am at work, but ALL I can think about is what I have been feeding them. And how to use process of elimination and completely new foods (I have a lot on hand) to get to the bottom of this.

Here's s twist... The same foods go into a big bowl that I feed to 7 other cats, and I'm not seeing these symptoms with them...

Not as bad...anyway....hmm... Cats!!!

2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Cara - I really hope it is this - or maybe something someone picked up and passed around? Glad Wynk is eating (at least he ate half)

Cara and Wynken (GA) likes this.
  3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Be sure to collect the product batch numbers which may be stamped on the can or the label, plus the manufacturer contact info. You may need to call them to complain if several cats develop problems from this. Also consider notifying the FDA for a suspected food problem.

Cara and Wynken (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.