Wysongs Epigen 90…what’s the scoop?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mikey’sDad, Sep 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

Mikey, my buddy has been on insulin for about a month and has only eaten FF Pate or approved FF delights. He loves that! But he was loving Wysong Epigen 90 for a meal every other day.

They report it is low carb, but I don’t know as the reports seem to not be consistent. I can’t find what Dr Liza thinks. I would like him to have dry food as a treat but am I playing with fire? Any thoughts

thanks
    Thomas

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

One of my civies will eat it a lot... She's not a wet food fan. I would give a small handful every so often yo my diabetic as a treat, but not as a meal.

Mikey’sDad likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Dr. Lisa is very anti-kibble, but when it comes to the low carb brands, she has softened a little and has said it's OK to use as a treat, so if Thomas likes it, using it for his "testing treats" would be fine but as far as leaving a bowl of it out every other day as a meal, I'm sure she'd say "please don't".

I'll add my own concerns...after being here for many years and seeing the sheer torture some people have had to go through to get their kibble addicts to eat canned, I'd be concerned that letting him have access to it (even every other day) may set you up for a fight you don't want to have. What happens if he decides he'd rather not eat the canned and starts to refuse it? Would you give in (because he HAS to eat)?

I think it's just better not to take the chance and then possibly end up having to go through the fight of getting him back onto canned.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  4. Mikey’sDad

Mikey’sDad Member

That is kind of how I was thinking. Mikey refused Pate before he was diabetic but when I switched he made the change. But he loves his freeze dried treats, and fusses for them, so I am antsy about using the Wysong which he did love! ( I have not used it since I started my SS, two weeks after insulin began.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.