Y’all, Nico is stuck in “Pinkalicious Prison,” how do I get him unstuck in the 300s???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Emily Tuomey, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

The title pretty much says it all... he’s not moving, at all (with variation), since AMPS yesterday, despite 2 cycles on an increased dose. What are my next steps??? (Feel free to take a look at his spreadsheet in our signature)

upload_2021-2-21_12-3-25.jpeg

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Emily,

That black looks like a bounce, in which case that might be behind the flat pinks. I wonder whether he might have gone lower than 180 in the early part of the morning cycle on 19 February?

I haven't used Prozinc so I don't know whether new doses need time to settle and whether that might be feeding into today's pinks, whether it might be a bounce that's yet to clear, or something else entirely. Sorry I'm not able to be more specific. :(

Mogs

Emily Tuomey likes this.
  3. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

Thank you. Deb had a similar response over in the PZI forum too. Holding tight at 1.5u, but the saga continues.. his PMPS was 300 (on the dot— UGH!), and his evening +2 was 344. :banghead:

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From the Prozinc MPM description "If your cat is in the first 3-6 months of diagnosis, reduce the dose by 0.25u anytime you see a BG below 50 on a human meter or 68 on a pet meter." Nico saw a 41 on 2/14, his dose should have gone down to 1.0 units, not up to 1.5 units.

Emily Tuomey and Critter Mom like this.
  5. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

UNSTUCK!! +8.5 overnight, 69. AMPS, 178.

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

Thank you. I was advised to do so on the Prozinc forum, linked here: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...340-4-344-7-314-pmps-300.243116/#post-2746553

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.