Yellow Kitty and Blue Chewy! 3/7

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Good Morning from the Alley!

Kitty (TID)
    AMPS 235 shot 3.2

Chewy
    AMPS 197 shot .8

Okay, this is new ground for me--- having a cat to have preshot tests below 200 on a bid schedule. This is the second consecutive AMPS that Chewy has had below 200. I reduced again today to .8--simply because I don't have enough data to support staying with the same dose when getting these lower preshots. I really need to get a curve on Chewy and see where he is going on these cycles. This is new territory for me (the low doses and low preshots). I have NEVER had to worry about hypos or low numbers with Kitty.

It is so interesting to see a cat change once they start feeling better. Initially, Chewy's coast looked terrible-- now though, he still has mats and is underweight, his coat is soft and fluffy. When first arriving at my house, Chewy would eat any Fancy Feast LC flavors. Well, not now! He has decided he doesn't like anything but the Turkey or Chicken flavors. This morning, I fed him a seafood flavor--- and he turned his "butt" to the plate and proceeded to take his paw and try to cover up the food! He did NOT like it!

I will get a +3 on Chewy to see if I can catch a low number!

For those of you asking....Sally (dog) is now up to 12 units of N (bid) and is still not seeing good curves. It is very frustrating, but hopefully I will slowly increase and find the "right" dose for her.

Wishing Everyone a Great Day from Diabetic Alley.......

2. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Morning Kim!

Hope you had a restful sleep last night - not having to get up at 3 to test/shoot. What a concept, I'm sure it was a culture shock for your body! (STILL don't know how you do it!)

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Will bring trimmers over for the mats this weekend. We can get Mr. Lion all prettied up!

3. kse

kse Well-Known Member

I went home and tested Chewy at +6 because I was SCARED!

Chewy
    AMPS 197 shot .8
    +6 135

Go Little Buddy! I am so unfamiliar with cycles like this, BUT I like them!

Kitty can't stand Chewy getting all the props so.....

Kitty
    Midshot Preshot 215 shot 3 units

Go Cool Kitty!

4. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Go Chewy and Kitty :RAHCAT

So sorry to hear Sally still not doing too well. Do they have another insuilin for dogs or is Humilin N the best option? Hope she gets regulated soon!

5. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the "Rush home at lunch scared Club", boy that sucks, but such a releif when you get that test.

They are doing awesome Kim.

6. Lisa & Jax

Lisa & Jax Member

These #'s are incredible. You are really doing a great job. I'm sure you'll find the "magic" dose for Sally soon.

7. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Thanks Lisa, but one thing I am convinced of is that I have nothing to do with Chewy's good numbers! Really. This is just proof that some cats are easier to treat and regulate than others. I tried so hard with Kitty.....and struggled for months before starting tid. Then I bring Chewy here (I had home instead of here, but changed it!) and started dosing and here he is! The one thing that treating Chewy has proven to me is, it is better to start low and go up. I started to start Chewy out at 2 units bid, but decided against it. If I had of started him at 2 units, which is what Kitty started at and what I see many cats come here on as a starting dose--- I would have been too high and it probably would have taken me months, trying to decide if he needed more or less insulin-- not to mention the possibility of hypos.

For whatever reason...... I am thankful for the good numbers Chewy is experiencing. And, as far as my sweet Kitty goes....I am just thankful for everyday that I have with her!

8. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Chewy
    AMPS 197 shot .8
    +6 135

PMPS 186 shot .8

Wow! I just hope this continues!

9. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful Kim, just beautiful.

And don't for one second think that you didn't have anything to do with Chewy's success. His old family threw him away when he got sick and all he needed was a little love, a little bit of the right diet and a little insulin and you have given him those things and he is thriving.

Kitty gave you a run for your money but you hung in there and kept fighting for her and you won. She is thriving.

10. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Wow! That is awesome about CHewy!!! So hope he get's OTJ for you. Are you keeping him or still giving to another home?

11. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

Exciting numbers for Chewy and Kitty! And, I agree with Robin - Chewy has you to thank for good numbers and how well he's feeling! Go, Kim!!

Sorry Sally isn't as easy to treat, but you'll get it!!

Take care -

Libby (Who's wayyy too old to be posting at 4:50am @-) )

12. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I think you had it right the first time!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.