Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cpatt, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Could you give me your thoughts and recommendations on Dude's spreadsheet. The vet started us at 1unit and approx 10 days they ran a curve. Numbers were alot higher than what we were seeing at home. Figured it was nerves and stress. Vet up his doseage to 2 unit's. We then ran our own first semi- curve a few days later after he had calmed down and could see the BG was not getting low enough. We then went to 2 units and were getting frustrated when the numbers weren't going down. Then I found this place and freaked out and lowered his dose back to 1unit and then we ran our first curve that we could understand how the vetsulin was working. It's seems like it's bringing it down for a short period of time, still not where it needs to be. We have upped to 1.5 and figured we would run another curve this Sunday to see what the 1.5 unit's were doing. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated. He is on FF classic, no dry food at all. Also any tips on timed feeder with two cats, one diabetic.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Thank you

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are welcome, I'm sure they will see the tag by tomorrow

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I just looked at your spreadsheet. I think i'd probably go to 2... BUT, can you get at least one mid cycle reading? If you aren't home during the day, then get a before bed/mid cycle reading in the evening.
    It's important to know daily how low a dose takes them.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you Janet

7. Cpatt

Cpatt Member

Yes, not home during the day, basically gone from 6am to 6pm. Will up the units to 2 and will monitor the mid cycle levels. Thank you again Janet and Diane Tyler's Mom!!

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

You are welcome :cat: If you have off on the weekends you can try and get more test in

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

OK ... so if you do the shot at 6 try to get a reading before you go to bed at like 10 or 11... days off/weekends, get more readings in

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.