Zamboni left this world last Friday at 4p

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Susan Tonjes, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan Tonjes

Susan Tonjes New Member

My second kitty with Diabetes crossed to the Rainbow bridge last Friday. Of course my heart is broken.

His diabetes was in good control with a shockingly high 10 units of Lantus twice daily. It was end stage kidney failure and anemia that led to the decision to let him go.

1) I am looking for the grief forum? I searched grief and could not find it.? Suggestions welcome on how to navigate there of other sites for loss support

2) I have an unopened vial of Lantus. Does anyone know the best way to get this to diabetic kitty who needs it? I’m guessing it needs to be in my area given the refrigeration need.

Thank you for any help

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Susan Tonjes likes this.
  3. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Condolences on the fur baby.... sniff sniff...:(:bighug:

Susan Tonjes likes this.
  4. Susan Tonjes

Susan Tonjes New Member

Thank You!! Even when you know it will be there turn to go before yours, even if you have been through it before, it is just so crazy hard.

It’s nice to hear from those that get it.

It just has to hurt your heart for a while. I don’t see any way around that, even if Zamboni wouldn’t have wanted me to feel bad.

5. Susan Tonjes

Susan Tonjes New Member

Thank you I appreciate it!

6. Susan Tonjes

Susan Tonjes New Member

Thank you

7. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Oh, if you are on this board you more than get it since we are all in this together. We will all walk this path sooner than later. I seem to live my single bachelor life around my cats and my medical visits. I have 2 geriatric males cats now that have been with me for 12 years, down from 4 cats a few years ago.

Susan Tonjes likes this.
  8. Susan Tonjes

Susan Tonjes New Member

That is so kind. Even though I know all our days will come, it still hits me like a brick. My Zamboni was 16, so I am now down to 3 seniors from 4. My three include a female, Sheba 17, another female Two 14, and her brother Piggy 14. I had a sweet big blond male, Sam, who was diabetic and passed in 2010. This site was so helpful back from then.

I hear you on working your life around med appointments with the seniors. What else can we do. If I make it through this difficult time it will be because I keep telling myself I did all I could for him. Still, my brain rolls over what else I might have done when I walk in the door and a friend I loved is no longer there.

Thanks again.

9. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

As I write the snow is again falling in Seattle, unheard of, and the cats back up when I open the door. All except my Feral FIP 17 year old save I named Oscar. A barn cat if there ever was one. I caught him trying to take down a deer on my property a few years ago. Simba, the one in my Avatar pic is the love bug who was 25 lbs now down to 13 lbs, 13 years old and Diabetic since last thanksgiving. He sits and squaks loudly when displeased by anything.
    Mimsy my black cat save from the pound died last year from inner bowl problems and constant constipation at age 9. Truth is I miss my departed cats more than ex girlfriends.. lol..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss, fly free sweet baby cat_wings>o

11. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, and how sweet of you to be thinking of others now in Zamboni's memory.

You can either contact cat rescues local to you, or post here in the supply closet (http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/supply-closet-for-sale-or-free.15/) or contact Diabetic Cats In Need. Insulin can be shipped, I just bought a small gel pack at the dollar store, froze it, and then wrapped the insulin well in bubble wrap and a small hand towel to separate it from the gel pack so it would stay cool but wouldn't actually freeze.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.