? Zeke 1/16 Question on dosage.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Prior Condo

Trying to figure out what to do with Zeke's dosage. We are currently at 2.63u and each time we go up to 2.75u he drops below 50 after a couple days and we end up having to do a no shot and reduce back down. Should I just give him a couple more days, or should I do even a smaller increase then 1/8 of a unit like I have been? I need to do something with his dose tomorrow since he is staying in upper yellows, so needing advice.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max was a bouncy kitty his first year so I get it. Since you test a lot, have you thought about doing three drops under 50 before taking the dose? It’s often not suggested until one year but I started doing that for Max before a year. I also fed smaller amounts more often during the first 5 hours of the cycle, giving mc if he was dropping too much at +2.5-3. This helped to get him used to normal numbers. I’m sure others will chime in. Lurkers, I’m suggesting this Just for Zeke. Please do not copy.

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I know you're using calipers, so if you can get a dose between 2.63 and 2.75, I'd give it a try

The other option would be to wait until he drops below 50 three times before you take the reduction (or once below 40)

For cats that don't hold reductions as well, holding the dose until he drops too low three times can be helpful

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

5. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

I had wondered about holding the dose longer with the drops but wasn't sure. Might try in between first and see if that gets us there. If not will just hold til he drops more times instead. Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.