? Zeke - Question on dose increase/decreases

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Meridith and Zeke, Oct 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

Last condo

Until very recently when we started using the calipers, thanks to the relion syringes dosing had not been consistent as it needed to be. I have literally found syringes off by as much as .5u! Now that we are using the calipers, I feel much better in control of his dosing so I know I am giving him what I should be giving him.

Here is my question. Going by the TR protocol, I should do another dose increase in the morning (actually probably should have this morning but was in too much pain so knew I couldn't monitor like I needed since my daughter isn't here right now). We just decreased from the dose that we should be increasing too because he took a nosedive to 37. It really makes me wonder if we are seeing a case of too much looking as not enough and maybe I should go down instead and see what he does. Also, will dewormer effect bg #'s? I will be doing that tuesday when my order comes in (ordered online because my vet has tripped her prices!).

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a matter of too much insulin but rather Zeke needs to go back to 3u. If she doesn't show you some green tonight I'd take Zeke back up. You've given enough time to see if the reduction would hold and it doesn't look like it. It's normal to go up and down and dose.

Meridith and Zeke likes this.
  3. Meridith and Zeke

Meridith and Zeke Well-Known Member

I know we did that a lot when he was on 2.25u but a lot of that was probably because of the dosing being so off without the calipers. I know I would never recommend these syringes being used without a caliper now that I know how off they are. It is crazy how off they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.