Zener 6/29 PMPS 334;+3 268;+4.5 274

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning LL. I added an extra drop back last night and he had a nice blue cycle and a blue AMPS.

It was a little drama rama here this morning and the night duty bean, aka temporary BIC, had a little panic. No one came to greet me when the alarm went off so as I walked out the bedroom door to go see where the kitties were, I stepped in something wet and cold. Ick. Zener had peed right outside his hallway LB. On inspection, I saw a small soft, but formed poo in the litter box. I checked the garage LB and there was a pee half in and half out and another small, soft but well formed poo in there too. Then, coming back in, I caught an aroma and looked in Liz's bathroom and there was another larger, soft but well formed poo on the bathroom rug. I had a minor panic attack that something terrible was wrong. So, I was thinking "should we get to the vet", "is this the end", "what should I do" and so on. Good grief, I needed to get my poo together!

When I started the test, feed and shoot routine, he was purring and acting fine. He went outside after his first breffis and I watched him on yard patrol. He dug a hole, typical poo behavior, and got in position but nothing happened. Poor guy must have been empty. His appy wasn't great so I added a little appy stimulant just in case. After a short 25 minute delay, he had eaten enough for his shot. Pwhew... Then I laid down on the living room rug to chill before going BTB and Zener curled up with me. So, I fell back asleep before getting Zener's condo up or sending email to Liz. All she saw was his spread sheet so she was worried too. Not the way to start a Saturday!

I put fortiflora on his food more than usual this morning, so hopefully that will help with whatever was happening. Or maybe Zener was just providing plentiful poo in support of Maggie. He seems to be feeling fine. The bean, on the other hand, was nervous as a cat. I suspect the combination of the heat, the plentiful poo and pee episode, iffy appy, and some left over nerves from the intruder in our yard last weekend may have caused a little freak out. :shock:

@Josey & Ripley - glad to give some laughs with yesterday's condo. We always need more laughing! :lol:

@Wendy & Neko - aha, another math person! Give me poo, puke and pee cleanup over a math problem any day. Liz's time on the Grind was really good, thanks for reminding me just how good it was! Liz will enjoy the warmer weather, but as long as she has to be inside all day at the workshop, it might as well be raining. ;-)The worst of our heat wave will be over by the time she gets home.

@Ella & Rusty - the extra drop seemed to bring us some blues. Now, if this poo situation will sort itself out. We just went to the vet this week, would love to make it a few more weeks without a vetty visit. Hope you get outside for something fun and have some decent weather. :smile:

@Deborah & Shasta - he had a nice blue surf all PM cycle. We shall see what happens today post-plentiful poo. nailbite_smile

After breaking a record for 96F yesterday (our old record for the date was 94F), it is already cloudy this morning and much more comfortable. I have a tour at our local Arboretum this afternoon. So, I'm hoping it stays cloudy. Zener is outside lounging in his cabana, it was just too hot to do that yesterday.

Happy Caturday LL! :YMHUG:

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Zener 6/29 AMPS 179, plentiful poo & delay;+2.5 296

Hey Z Man, heat got to you? Looks like you did some "housecleaning". Feel good, now, buddy. Don't freak out your MamaBIC!

Anne, enjoy your afternoon at the arboretum.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

3. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, Anne! Yikes on this morning's events! :shock: I wonder if some Poo Fairies took a wrong turn on the way to Maggie's home and visited Zener instead. I hope he feels more normal today. Where are you going, Z? Time to turn around!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    This made me laugh! But I know too well the thoughts that ran through your mind ~ I think those on a daily basis. Enough to convince my DH I've lost my marbles. He has to remind me on a regular basis that no, her meow hasn't changed, and that no, she isn't sleeping more than usual, etc. :lol:

I hope you have a great day, Anne!

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: Mags says to tell Zener she appreciates all his plentiful poo support.
    Wow, Anne, that is a lot of poo. I don't blame you for being freaked out! You didn't mention Tillie. Could some of it been Tillie's? Zener, what were you eating last night? :shock: I hope the Fortiflora helps. Have a great day, Anne.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: Zener 6/29 AMPS 179, plentiful poo & delay;+2.5 296;+4.5

Anne, I hope things have calmed down at home by now. Zener was just making it easy to find 2 of his 5 P's this morning. I hope things firm up as the day goes on, but I guess he might be all cleaned out for a while now.

BTW, I'd rather do math problems than step in something cold and wet first thing in the morning. :lol: :lol:

Z-man, do you need the ropes? ~Neko

6. Anne & Zener GA

Looking like flat yellows, so that's not so bad considering. We're having a little poke break. All of us are very low key because of the heat, but Zener had decent appy after a little encouragement and no more poo, so far. He hid out in his man cave for a bit and hasn't been in there is quite a long time. It is pretty cool and secluded, so the worry BIC would not be staring at him all the time, wondering "what's wrong". I must repeat Zener's mantra more
    Pet more, worry less. - Zener

@Ella & Rusty - hmmm, guess it could be the heat, I hadn't thought about that. I checked him for dehydration but it seems okay - eating and drinking about the same. It was a hot day at the Arb, but all my tour members were from Phoenix, it was 116F there, so they thought our low 90s were lovely. :shock:

@Josie & Ripley - ah, perhaps it was wayward poo fairies! ;-) Glad I could give you a laugh. And thanks for telling me about your thoughts. Sometimes I feel like we are just a little crazy until I read that others here do the same things. :YMHUG:

@Ann & Maggie - Mags is such a sweetheart, I hope the poo fairy has visited her and left our premises! I'm pretty sure it wasn't Tillie, hers are quite a bit bigger in diameter. His look a more like toothpaste sometimes. He hasn't had anymore so far. nailbite_smile He loves Fortiflora, sometimes it's the only enticement that works.

@Wendy & Neko - things are calm now. Kitties are napping and staying inside out of the heat. Ah, you are so right... it WAS very easy to find his many 2 of the 5Ps. We even had some purring, no playing or preening yet though. And, I would rather step in something cold and wet than do any kind of math. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the offer of ropes, he seems to have leveled off in the yellows. We'll see where he is at PMPS and paws crossed his appy is better than this morning. :cool:

7. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Anne,

My stomach got a little knot in it as I was reading your post. You told the story very suspensefully :shock: Glad Zener is emptied out, and hopefully more room for PM fuds!

I had to look up the word aboretum :razz: I knew it was something with trees/plants, but wasn't sure!

Here's to a slide to blue for Mr. Z!

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, what a morning you had. I'm glad everything turned out okay. I'd be worried too if I woke up to all of that. I hope Zener's appy is better this evening. Hopefully you found a way to stay cool.

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything turned out all right. Flat yellow in the heat seem to be a trend today!

10. Anne & Zener GA

Re: Zener 6/29 PMPS 334

Ugh on the stinky pinky, still settling in on the new dose, so BIC needs to put on those patience pants. No further poo after waking up to plentiful poo. Both kitties seem a little blasé because of the heat. I expect yard patrol to pick up once the sun sets and temps start to cool. No rain today but some clouds.

@Cleo & Jane - ah, maybe I'll start writing suspense novels when I retire from the teaching gig! Appy so-so tonight, but much better than this morning. Sliding today, but up instead of down. I'm so glad you learned what an arboretum is today, love those teachable moments! ;-)

@carla - it was a nerve wracking morning, I don't wake up well anyhow. :roll:

@Ann & Tess - looks like the weather is affecting lots of LL kitties right now. Fortunately, no more poo during the day. Will see how things go tonight as the temps cool off. :YMSIGH:

After all the morning drama, the rest of the day was quite calm. Zener spent part of the day in Liz's office under one of the chairs, we call it his man cave, a kind of hiding spot, but also nice and cool. He's been out and about since then, ate a decent dinner and off we go for the evening. Paws crossed it's much less dramatic than the start to the morning! :cool:

Here's to a calm and relaxing Caturday evening LL.

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: Zener 6/29 PMPS 334

Wow, what a start to your day! I'm so glad things are calmer now...fingers crossed there are no more major poo events like this morning. Maybe one of them just ate a bug that upset their belly a bit. I know how worrisome these things are....Here's hoping for a much calmer Sunday morning!

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: Zener 6/29 PMPS 334;+3 268

What a scary morning! I'm glad all is ok and Zeners appy was ok tonight. Its always more stressful when you have to deal with these things by yourself....especially when you are used to having a partner there to help out.

I hope Liz is having a great time. The grouse grind looked cool!

13. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Re: Zener 6/29 PMPS 334;+3 268

Oh my, that is horrible way to start the day...and a Saturday, at that! I'm happy to hear that the rest of the day was drama-free. I hope he feels better tomorrow and can get himself into the blues and greens. Sleep well, Anne!

14. Anne & Zener GA

Alrighty, it's just a flat yellow day then with a tinge of blue in the AM and pink in the PM.

@Amy & TrixieCat - it was a terrible start to the day. I think I'm still anxious about the intruder we had in our yard last weekend, and being here alone needing to leave windows open some because of the heat only cranked up my anxiety. nailbite_smile Thanks for steering my thoughts into another direction , like an upset tummy. If Zener wasn't diabetic, the poo episode wouldn't have been a big deal at all. :YMHUG:

@Marje - all seems to be okay now, no more poo parade. He seems just a little punk, but then Tillie seems about the same. The heat is hard on us all. You are so right about these things being more stressful when you are used to having a partner in it all and you are on your own. Liz always does such a good job. At least I haven't ended up in the ER with a cat bite yet, like what happened to her when I was in the Netherlands in November. :shock: How are you all dealing with the hot temps, any creeping up of the dew point yet?

@Deborah & Shasta - no kidding, that's just not right to start off a Saturday all stressed out! ;-) No drama the rest of the day thankfully, other than the heat wave. The good part about the flat yellows is I can go to bed now, 5:30 in the morning comes far to soon for the night duty bean. :cool:

Tomorrow is another day, so paws crossed for a better one. Ni Ni LL. I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.