? Zephyr: AMPS 245, +5 304, +8.5 177, PMPS 78 Shoot or not??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by labyrinthos, Feb 15, 2020.

1. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

Sorry, not sure if this qualifies as a 911. Zephyr has really dropped today with a PMPS of 78. Should I skip the shot? Reduce to 1.5? Looking for advice. Thank you.

2. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Hi there !

You can stall - DON'T feed- and retest to see if he is on his way up or continuing to trend downwards.
    You have shot a ( 76) back in late January it looks like. Do you have plenty of testing supplies and food if you need it?

labyrinthos likes this.
  3. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

I have all the necessary materials. ****. I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to feed. He already snarffed his dinner like it was going out of style.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With SLGS, you don’t shoot under 90. Your choices are to stall, which means waiting without feeding, and keep testing to see if his numbers come up to a shootable number, or skip tonight. If you stall, your shot tomorrow is 12 hours after when you do shoot. Can your schedule do that?

He has earned a dose reduction to 1.5 units.

labyrinthos likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

PS this is not a 911, we save that for medical emergencies. Use the ? Prefix instead.

labyrinthos likes this.
  6. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

even with food hes now at 74

7. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

ah, thank you. Sorry!

8. Wendy&Neko

How long after food? Was it low carb?

9. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

Yes, low carb. 15 min after eating

10. Wendy&Neko

It takes 20-30 minutes after eating for the ca4bs to show up in the blood stream. Test again then.

labyrinthos likes this.
  11. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

After 30 min he's up to 99 with the food in his system. I'm going to skip tonight since I failed to not feed him and I don't really know what he's doing. Will shoot tomorrow morning at a decreased dose of 1.5. I'm so glad he's going down, but man this is stressful!

12. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

It gets easier with experience and having experienced members on here to guide you through it. The experienced members on here are just fabulous!!:)

labyrinthos likes this.
  13. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

So true. We would never have gotten this far without this forum. Seriously. Zephyr is so lucky to have everyone on here, and so is my sanity!

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  14. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

You might want to add in your SS column what you did at shot time and what Siam Cat mom and Wendy & Neko recommended so you will know for next time.

labyrinthos likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Good call.,sleep well tonight. And good data for the next time you see a lower than expected preshot value.

labyrinthos likes this.
  16. labyrinthos

labyrinthos Member

Thanks again everyone!