Zoey and Carol - Please check

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Zoey & Carol, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

I'm very confused about Zoey's numbers. Can someone please check her spreadsheet?

I have been using the sliding scale and basing the dose on her PS numbers. It seemed to have flattened things out for a while, but still staying mostly in the yellows. Then the last few days she has been spiking into the purple and reds for the evening PS. I'd like to get her back down into the blues and greens, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any suggestions? She always seems to feel OK, very snuggly and happy, even when getting poked and prodded!

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to hear she is feeling well and happy! Could you get a curve sometime soon - tests every 3 hours or so during a cycle? It loks like she could need an increase or maybe a decrease but hard to know without more data.

I am thinking 1.4 might have taken her too low and she bounced up for pmps yesterday. But it equally could be that it isn't quite enough and a little increase would mean a longer cycle.

3. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

Thanks for checking. That's why I am confused! It seems like when I give her the 1.6 at night, in the morning she is lower, at least in the yellows.

I did a curve on Sunday, and she didn't seem to go low enough. In fact she increased after the 1.2 dose. I can't do another one until Friday, so I'll continue with the dose I've been using through the weekend.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

The 1.6 seems to work nicely for the pinks in the evening, giving you a nice amps in the 200s. Once we see the whole picture, you'll have a couple options. If you feed differently at night than during the day, can we change that up? If you have a consistently higher pmps and it isn't a bounce, you could look at shooting an hour earlier in the pm and an hour later in the am and see if that evens things out.

But first, I think you need more data. Maybe even a test every 2 hours to see when she drops and how soon she goes back up.

5. Zoey & Carol

Zoey & Carol Member

She gets fed the same am and pm. I try not to feed her for a couple of hours before her shot, but otherwise she free feeds on low carb wet cat food mixed with water. She doesn't have a weight problem, so I try to keep food out for her. I'll try to get tests every two hours this weekend and post that next week.

Thanks for checking.

6. Merlin

Merlin Well-Known Member

Sue mentioned the possibility of shooting early at night because of Zoey going higher for pmps. Well that is exactly what I do with Merlin however, Merlin is just the opposite of Zoey, at least for now. :) He goes higher at night so his amps numbers are high, so I do the opposite that you would do, but it works. So basically Merlin is on a 11.5/12.5 or 11/13 schedule. I try to catch him either 30-60 minutes before he starts going high in the am. For example, I shoot around 7:30am and at night I shoot maybe around 8pm or 8:30pm. I guess that is why I love ProZinc, because it is so flexible and you have so many alternatives to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.