01/03/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=232, +2=136, +3.5=64, +4.5=58, +5.5=70, +11=87

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

01/02 +11=258

AMPS=323

First pink since 04/01/17 :arghh:

I am almost in tears. I just don't know what to do.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the pink. Is he feeling off this morning? I hope he comes back down today. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. LizzieInTexas

Feeling good. Ate all his fudz overnight. Did a ketone test after tfs just to be safe. 0.3 (neg). I started the EZ Egg Yolk around 12/01/17 which sees to correspond with the higher PS numbers. I am going to discontinue it starting tonight - just to see. I also started the Pancreas Booster this morning.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's feeling good. I wonder if it is the egg yolk?

5. LizzieInTexas

It makes NO sense if it is, but then he is sensitive to SEB so who knows :banghead:. We shall see.

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the high PS number. Curious to see if stopping the egg yolk brings it back down. Good luck!

7. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. Heck of a drop @ +2. I tested 2x's at PS - first one was 361 - I went with the lower reading but if I had gone with the 361 it would have been 100 pt drop :eek:.

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Is there any chance he got into some other food or licked up something from the floor in the kitchen?

9. LizzieInTexas

Not that I am aware of. I swept the kitchen floor last night when I got home from work. Of course, there is always the chance of a dropped crust from a sandwich but we are super careful. Gizmo isn't a floor surfer for the most part, he has NEVER had human food so it has just been the rare case when he has been super low (BG) that he has shown interest in the counters or looking for stuff on the floors.

10. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

"When you're in Hell, keep on going." That's a quote I find useful, though I do not remember who said it. So don't despair, Lizzie.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh , Lizzie, bless your heart :bighug: Prayers that Gizmo just had a glitch and is set to rights soon . :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=232 (at least it isn't pink :p)

History:
    AMPS=323, +2=265

13. LizzieInTexas

Not much other choice - huh? LOL. :bighug:

Just frustrating when it slips through you fingers. Thanks for the thoughts Beth. :bighug:

14. LizzieInTexas

+2=136

First cycle without EZ Egg Yolk - hmmm. Interesting. Will be really curious to see what tomorrow's AMPS is.

15. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just a reaction to the dose decrease from 1.25 to 1.0?

16. LizzieInTexas

Look at his SS. Specifically 12/16, 12/26, 12/31. These early cycle deep dives are not a usual pattern for him and neither is bouncing for multiple days (IF that is what he is doing). I started the EZ EY ~12/01. Look how much yellows there are after 12/01.

We shall see. Like I said, if it is the EZEY it makes absolutely NO sense at all.

17. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

I hope Gizmo’s bg gets back into his far more comfortable greens and blues. Pink no fun at all. Idk about effect of egg yolk powder on bg, but I add it to the tribe’s breakfasts (lesser amount of egg yolk powder and more egg white powder for Azalea bc she is a kidney cat) and I think it helps, particularly for Bella and Spunky and Azalea who seem most prone to hair ball barf-ups. Azalea passes a lot of fur in her poop, as I discovered recently when preparing a sample for animal biome.

18. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

The egg yolk was too much for my Christmas petsitter. The vomiting civvies have been off it for 2 weeks. It's possible their switch to almost 100% radcat raw frozen chicken has helped their tummies. Too soon to tell.

19. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo is too but I had already ordered and received it before I knew it had phos. I decided to go ahead and give it a try and the dose was a small amount. Are you on the ckd message board? In a discussion about the EZEY this was recommended for the benefits without the phosphorus

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003OCAZTM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3VP65L46990W3&colid=VIDIU965QO24&psc=0

Fingers crossed that the mystery will be solved but not getting my hopes up just yet.

HWright likes this.
  20. LizzieInTexas

Really? It made your kitties throw up? You are the first person to mention this. I have not heard of any one else having issues.

21. HWright

Hope the bg and egg yolk powder mystery solves soon for you and Gizmo.
    I didn’t know that Gizmo, like Azalea, is also ckd. Thanks for the link to the egg yolk lecithin. I had been looking for some awhile ago on iherb but didn’t find specifically what I had in mind.

I’m not on the ckd message board, but when if ever. Is it the group on Tanya’s site?

22. HWright

Just curious: did you introduce the egg yolk powder gradually and in small amounts?

23. LizzieInTexas

Yes. It is not as user friendly as this forum and I don't post very much but do read quite a bit there.

https://tanyackd.groups.io/g/support

It is by invitation so send an email and they will reply with instructions.

The search feature works well too so if I have questions or am looking for some info I use it.

HWright likes this.
  24. LizzieInTexas

Yes. I started out small and increased about every week. I was almost up to 1/4 teaspoon 2x/day.

25. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice +3, let's hope for a better AMPS

26. HWright

Thanks, Lizzie, for the link.
    Wow what a difference a few hours makes in Gizmo’s numbers. No diving, Giz!

27. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

No. The egg yolks reduced or stopped them from throwing up. I stopped it while the pet sitter took care of them over Christmas. I haven't restarted it. So far no vomit piles. Could their switch to the raw diet have stopped the vomiting and made the egg yolks unnecessary? Don't know yet. Probably they will vomit tomorrow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.