01/05 Blackie PMPS 166, +3 73

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60098&p=653510#p653510

QUESTION: Is it safe to feed a kitty raw unbreaded turkey cutlets? Or does it need to be cooked?

I'm switching her raw chicken gizzards to turkey meat, but not sure if it's safe to feed the raw meat, or do I cook it like I did the chicken?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

Blackie threw up white foam this morning, but otherwise she's fine and her normal self.

MY WISH: For God to help those ailing make a full and speedy recovery... For God to help heal the broken hearts of those who lost a beloved pet and/or human... For everyone to have great #s... For everyone to be OTJ.

2. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Re: 01/05 Blackie AMPS 162

Raw shouldn't be a problem. Check the package to see if the turkey is injected with a solution that may contain sugars. Otherwise, it should be fine.

Have a great day Angela.

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. no answer from me on the raw turkey question .. Poor blackie, hope she only throws up that one time today .. nice start to the day too .. have a great day guys!

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

She'll be getting 0.40 oz. of raw turkey meat (the unbreaded cutlets). I've checked the package at least 3x to see if it was injected with anything, and the only thing that the package said was that it may contain up to 6% of water. Water is what she needs anyway. So, I'll feed her that amount, and if the #s don't improve, then I'll reduce her snack to 0.30 oz. I'll be doing some seesawing with her foods a bit. I really don't want to reduce her Evo anymore than necessary, however, I will if it comes down to it.

This diet controlling is a bugger.

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Recap:

AMPS 162, 1u, 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +2 - 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +3 - 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +5 - 0.40 oz. raw turkey cutlet
    +6.5 91
    PMPS 166, 1u, 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +2 - 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +3 73 - 0.80 oz. Evo 95% C&T
    +4.5 - 0.40 oz. raw turkey cutlet

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Angela, good luck with the fuds issues. You're doing a great job with Blackie. She came down nicely at the +3! Have a wonderful day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.