01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 +6 385 PMPS 385

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if it's time for a dose increase yet. Looks like his bounce is over and the Convenia injection from 12/31 should have done a lot of work by now. The only other thing I can think of that might affect this decision is that he will be having the operation to remove some teeth in 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 weeks time.

Freak storm over and we are back to summer - as reflected by Vyktor's yellow numbers last night!

I will be sneaking home from work for a +6 today, hopefully he doesn't bounce from yellow!

Hoping everyone is over yesterdays mass pink day and seeing some lovely blues and greens.

Yesterday: http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60032&p=653102#p653102

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Re: 01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 - dose increase?

If it were Binks, I'd increase by .25 :D

celi

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 - dose increase?

I agree. Unless things change by tonight, I would increase by 0.25u.

4. Vyktors Mum

01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 +6 385 - dose increase?

Looks like Vyktor is having another pink day, looks like he is bouncing from last nights yellow???

Was he really low enough to bounce or is this more likely to be something to do with his dental issues? I was just speaking to a diabetic person at work and he thinks that irrespective of the antibiotics the blood fighting the infection will be pushing Vyktor's BGs up. He said if it was him he would be increasing his insulin though so I'm guessing there's no reason not to do the same for Vyktor???

So I'm thinking increase to 1.5 from tonight. His last increase took until the third cycle to show so that will be tomorrow night and I will be home to monitor carefully.

But I guess I should not increase if it is a bounce :?

5. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Re: 01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 +6 385 bounce or dose increase?

i always go with what libby says...
    she knows her stuff!

and if the dental issues are a factor, you can look at where to go with dose when he has his dental. :D

celi

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 01/05 Vyktor AMPS 376 +6 385 bounce or dose increase?

Celi's right about the dental. For some cats, once they get the dental done and any infection clears, their BG comes down and the dose has to be adjusted.

But, for right now, let's just do the increase as Libby suggested. Good luck!

7. Vyktors Mum

Exactly nothing has changed since the +6 so we're going for the dosecrease. 1.5 tonight Vyktor!

8. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

A consistent kitty here. Let’s make that consistently lower please Vyktor! I hope the increase helps.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease.

10. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. good luck with the extra juice .. hoping you see some nice flat low numbers from it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.