01/06 Nelli (+10.5) 224 (PMPS) 235 (+2.5) 280

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Keep on sliding down today Nelli!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie Marje, I hope all is going well in your world :)
    When you have a chance will you plz look at Nelli SS and help me understand what might havee happened regarding her recent high (unusually high all of sudden?) numbers?
    Thanks

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Looks to me like the dose reduction from 3.25u to 3u might have failed but we don’t know how low she might be going at night to really validate that.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  5. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie
    Ok, I will test 5.5 in addition to a 2/2.5 every night. Would you do any further test than these? I realize, if there is a significant drop (say 65 or below?) at 5.5 & based upon number I would test again +6/6.5...
    I am not accustomed to testing past a before bed which is why I am asking your opinion. Thanks

6. Marje and Gracie

When a member is new here and numbers are high, we usually suggest they get a +2 and/or before bed test. Once numbers start to come down more into the normal range, and the +2 is similar to or a lot lower than the PMPS, you should be testing again to see how low the kitty is going. I know I’ve told you that before :rolleyes:

If you don’t know how low she is going, how can you know when a dose change might be necessary? I also don’t know how you can preplan when you will test next. The decision on when to test next should come after you get a BG. If I tell you right now that if her +2.5 is lower than PMPS and that you don’t need to test until +5.5, what if she dropped from, for example, 130 at PMPS to 80 at +2.5. I sure wouldn’t wait until +5.5 to test again.

These are things you should know by now. You’ve been here 7 months ;)

7. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie, I go back to 12/27/18 and look at Nelli SS since then- as I did before I reached out to you.
    I read it as this >is what I’ve been doing? Protocol I’ve followed? Many of the +2/ before bed test have been higher than BG @ PMPS? This is why I did not test further- What (seriously) am I missing?
    Yes, I have been here for 7 months- apparently am not getting it >yet?!
    My intention today, as I’ve learned over past several months... do not waste people’s self-less time with bothersome questions- forgetting instructions I’ve been told before.

8. Marje and Gracie

What you are missing is what to do if the +2/+2.5 is the same or lower than PMPS.

I’m not saying that you are wasting my or anyone else’s time. I’m saying we aren’t helping you learn if we are always telling you when to test next at this point in your dance. This is simple....if the BG is down, you need to test again. After we’ve been here a few months and have data, it’s up to each of us to “know thy cat” and know when we should test next. We try to give support early on so members know when they should test next.

This is not information that you have to memorize and worry about forgetting. If numbers are down, you need to test again. How your cat responds to insulin and food is up to you to learn as is knowing when her onset, nadir, and duration are so you will know when to test next. I’m not trying to be difficult......but this is your responsibility to know Nelli. She’s not throwing out complicated cycles that are difficult to interpret like some cats do.

9. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie
    Of course. I may not have been clear in #5 above but I stated same thing as you are here.
    I do know where to get written resources and will become more independent... promise :).
    I apologize for, what sounds like to me, irritating you. Nelli will be fine- maybe I was (just) having a I need attention day.
    I will check my look in the mirror next time before I (seemingly) might be in one of these modes :)!

10. Krystina & Nelli

@marje... again, I went back over SS to 12/27/18 and see where I (correctly?) did not test past before bedtime, >based upon this test relative to PMPS?
    I’m sorry but I need to clarify this because I believe you are missing-

11. Krystina & Nelli

Forget it.
    Have a nice rest of your day :bighug:

12. Krystina & Nelli

Ok.

13. Marje and Gracie

You are going to have to be less cryptic, please, because I don’t understand your question. If you are asking me if you did the right thing by not testing past +5.5...well, I never stopped testing until I saw a rise. But that’s me and that was my cat who is not Nelli. I probably would have tested in another hour or so...past midcycle..so if she was up, I could sleep the rest of the night.

But just because she did that on 12/27 on a different dose does not mean that’s what she would do again.

14. Marje and Gracie

You aren’t irritating me. Insofar as an “I need attention day”, there is always an entire list of new members who really do need attention and help. They don’t even know where to start....I’m sure you remember those very early days because I remember mine.

As I once told my dear, dear friend Julie on this board....time to put those big girl panties on. She laughed then and we still have a good laugh about it but she did it.

15. Krystina & Nelli

16. Marje and Gracie

One thing I do want to be very clear on: I am always happy to give dosing advice when asked regardless of how long or short a time a member has been here or how experienced they are. I understand, firsthand, that you can study a SS and know your cat but still can’t figure out exactly what to do about the dose. I liken it to “can’t see the forest for the trees” and it happens. Sometimes you are so far into it, it’s just hard to tell. Jill and Libby helped Gracie, Mike, and me when we had those times and we will always be grateful. Another experienced set of eyes can be very valuable regarding dosing.

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Nelli feels better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

18. Krystina & Nelli

@carfurby thanks, I appreciate your wishes :bighug:
    Now what’s up with that little Furball :eek: :cat:... yesterday lookin’ great :D. Today on the trampoline?

19. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Marje :) :cat:, I was feeling a bit beat up by you. I appreciate your words here :bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope Miss Nelli finds her way back to better numbers - maybe she and Luci can go together? Luci has been in the yellow trees all day - mama was off duty today - and gone - so DH was in charge of everything until test time tonight. Hopefuly she'll behave tonight - we're pooped out! :bighug:

21. Krystina & Nelli

Oops, posting, texting and, email are often difficult for me to come across in what I meant or sometimes my tone :blackeye:.
    You are right, going
    back to >as far as 12/27/18 Nelli was on a different dose. I was going back from 12/27 to present which did cover two different doses.

I need to be as clear as possible :eek::
    Based upon the test after each PMPS going back to 12/27 (thru two different doses) I asked for help understanding what might have happened regarding her recent high (unusually high all of a sudden numbers?) numbers?
    *My original asking you to help me understand doesn’t change. If you’ll look at her SS since 01/01/19, every night at each test following PMPS, there was no reason to test again- “testing again to see how low the kitty is going”, wouldn’t you agree?
    I take responsibility for not being clear :facepalm:.

22. Marje and Gracie

I very much disagree. I looked back over past posts I’ve made to you before and have consistently advised you that if the numbers at +2 are similar to or less than PMPS, you need to do more testing. This occurred both on 1/3 and 1/4. On the former, she had dropped 14 by +2 which is similar to the PMPS. On the latter, she dropped 52 which indicates to me you would have seen a fairly active cycle.

Both nights, I suspect she went even lower because that’s the way she was headed at +2. Remember this chart (bold is mine):

My dosing advice was that it appears to me she might have failed her reduction BUT because you had a couple nights where you stopped testing even though numbers were dropping, we don’t know how much lower she went on which to base any kind of potential dose change.

I hope that helps explain it a little further. I’m not here to frustrate anyone and it’s not my intention. But I do expect members that have been here more than 3-4 months to have a good basic knowledge of their cat’s onset, nadir, duration; when to test; what to feed; and to have read, read, and read some more in the stickys. There’s a ton of info available in this forum and sometimes members need to read it repeatedly. I still go through and read it again from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  23. Krystina & Nelli

Ok.

24. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Geez and we wonder why people leave this forum!!!
    Just isn’t necessary to be rude & derogatory.

25. Marje and Gracie

Except neither of us was. It’s important you know the history before you judge. :):):)

If you’ve never seen this post, it’s a good one.
    Advice to New Members

26. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

No judgement here. History in not relevant, patience & kindness are listed in the new members article. Peace out! :)

27. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks for your post. I appreciate them.
    Nelli and I have not left. The peeps n this Forum are too valuable for Nelli (and I to leave).
    I had to regroup & regain strength-
    My bootstraps are pulled up :).
    I got beat up but never again like this/this way. To relentlessly beat me up in public was not kind.
    This certainly should have- could have been done through a Conversation.
    I kept trying to deflect and defend myself in face of the public- if I didn’t care I would have swallowed and walked.
    Thank you again @Becky & Baby Girl Kitty
    Peace on ;)

28. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Kystina. I have been offline for several days due to family gatherings for the extended Holiday. I just want to say that I read over your last post on 1/6 and then today and I want to say that I did not get that @Marje and Gracie was beating you up at all. Rather she is just trying to reinforce what has been said repeatedly to you.

She and I have both said in multiple posts about using the +2 test to decide if you should continue to test or not. And as she pointed out on 1/3 and 1/4 your +2 indicated that it was lower than the PMPS and that you should continue to test at least through what would be Nelli's nadir and there weren't any more test to show how much lower she went. That was an answer to your question to "why is she higher lately?" Without those test, it's impossible to know why because we don't know how much lower she went, we can only imagine in relation to the higher AMPS that she did go lower and is bouncing. You need to own that. As she said, you've been at this dance for a while now and it's something that has been said to you over and over again. Her comment was not to publicly embarrass you rather to have you get this one concept for you to be able to know what are the important test to get. It's not something you can preplan rather it depends on the numbers you get.

We are all here to help one another. And I am glad that you are so dedicated to Nelli as I am sure Marje is too.

We are all here to learn and help each other.

29. Krystina & Nelli

30. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Setting my Moderator hat aside... FWIW, a few comments:

"Relentlessly beat me up"... Sigh, from my perspective, trying to get through to you relentlessly is more like it.

Krystina, all I can do is urge you to re-read and then re-think your comments. All Marje has ever done is to try to help you. Heck, that's all many of us have done and yet we're met with much the same drama on your part. Seriously, you don't make it easy to help.

And no, it can't be done through a "Conversation"/PM. We make it a point to keep all advice on the board for good reason... to maintain peer review in an effort to keep all kitties safe. It's not something that we want to or will change.

And just for yuks and grins... I dare say if those offering advice didn't care they would have walked away from you months ago... walked away in sheer frustration. :banghead:

Food for thought. Take it for what it's worth. :)

Becky, make no mistake, people leave each and every forum on the board, including the one you just came from, for a multitude of reasons. The number is usually commensurate to the size of the group.

Rude and derogatory? No. Direct? Yes. Information was given yet once again... for the benefit of Krystina and Nelli. If you detected any expectations... you're right. There is a healthy expectation for a caregiver to focus and pay attention as well as a similarly healthy expectation the caregiver will learn to make their own decisions without being spoon fed at every turn. It's kind of the point to having the group. :)

Please familiarize yourself with what's been happening here prior to making judgements and commenting negatively on what you aren't aware of or possibly misunderstood. There's been this same recurring theme in Krystina's threads and also in PMs. It's been on-going. History IS very relevant and extremely difficult to ignore when we're talking about more than an isolated incident or two. After all, those helping are human and don't have to be here.

Forgive me... I can only guess at yet another cryptic comment. You think it's interesting I've "liked" certain posts? "Liking" a post is how one electronically registers their approval of an online post or comment. It never occurred to me the action would require an explanation. For the life of me I can't imagine what about the "likes" makes them interesting, let alone "very" interesting. :confused:
    In so far as this thread goes... no one is pulling you back, but you. You pulled attention back to this thread by tagging me and posting a question to me... not vice versa.
    I'm not dwelling anywhere, Krystina. You dragged me into the conversation. All I'm "guilty" of is "liking" some posts in this thread. :)

@Krystina & Nelli
    In response to your PM...
    Not that you're due any explanation for my reasoning, I'll respond anyway...
    • No closed doors here.
    • Total transparency. I did not send a private message.
    • I did surface.
    • I offered an opinion. It was one of approval for what had been written by both Marje and Bobbie.
    Liking their posts was/is making a statement... a public statement at that... so I don't know what you're referring to when you say "behind closed doors"... asking me why I didn't surface. I'm guessing the format of my response didn't meet with your approval/expectation, but who knows? Each of us has the ability to offer an opinion/make a remark by "liking" any given post. That's exactly what I did. Publicly.

FYI: Closing this thread since posts continue to be deleted. Pretty soon there won't be much left to the thread. o_O

And on that note...
    Happy Fursday everyone... hey, it's almost Friday! W00T! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.