01.09.18, Porto, +11 154, AMPS ?, +3 180, PMPS 266, +2,5 195, +4 120, +5,5 135, +10 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Manu & Porto, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

yesterday

Hello all, hope everybody is enjoying the weekend!

Porto is doing alright, we had a short walk outdoors and now back to eating and some napping. He is already higher than yesterday, Im thinking that maybe the reduction wont work...

I need to do something with the Budesonide, I think I will change the hours of administration, now I give it at +4 pm and Id like to change it to +11 pm or AMPS time. Can anyone advice on how to change time with steroids? Can I add a few hours every night until reaching the time I want?

I also have to check vitamin 12 for him, he has been receiving shots with cianocobalamin but Ive read that Methylcobalamin is more indicated in neuropathy cases. The dose being 3-5 mg a day, but I dont have acces to Zobaline so Ive found these options:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Vitamin-B-1...ral-Factors-/350897441386?hash=item51b31e0a6a

or

One that @Tracey&Jones recommended in a previous topic on this: https://www.amazon.de/Pure-Encapsulations-Vitamin-B12-Methylcobalamin/dp/B00T4KI68K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1535742643&sr=8-3&keywords=pure encapsulations methylcobalamin

Not sure if everybody is in the UK and sees this message, will post in main health also, just to see if theres some luck there with recommendations.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You just saw green last night. I wouldn't say the reduction isn't working. I've never heard anything about the timing of giving steroids and moving them. I just know you can't stop suddenly, that you have to gradually reduce the amount you give before you quit giving it.

3. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

You are so right, thank you for pointing that out, about the green.
    I know I can not stop all of a sudden, I wont. I guess I will start moving the time tonight, give the pills at +6 instead of +4 and so on. Hope it works

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice blue

Manu & Porto likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I have never moved Jones pred dosage time.

He was on once a day at one point and I gave it at PMPS. As I figured if he was going to be a little higher from it I might as well get some sleep out of it. :smuggrin:

Good luck on the methyl B12.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  6. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Thank you, I will try and order and see how it works for him. :)

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Manu, I don't know the answer about switching times for the steroid. I would imagine you could just keep stretching the time back each day by a couple of hours. If you change you would be giving it later not sooner so I would imagine it would be like you forgot a dose. Right? Hopefully others will weigh in on this.

Good luck with the B12. It has made a lot of difference in a lot of kitties neuropathy and made a huge difference with my civvie, Forrest, who had damaged his obturator nerve.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  8. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

Thank you, Bobbie, for your insights! Indeed, I plan on delaying the steroid time and I would slowly add time, tonight, one hour later and so on.
    Can not wait to try it, from what Ive read for some kitties it was miraculous! So glad it also worked for Forrest! Hope it helps us as well :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.