01/10/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=184, +2=176, +4.5=132, +11=177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

01/09 +11=206

AMPS=211

Something is wrong. I don't know what. He is eating but with a struggle. This all started Sunday evening.

I don't think it is a pancreatitis flare but it could be.

It could be constipation but he has had a nice poo in the past two days and had two small pellets this morning in the LB.

He could have injured himself and sometimes I think that may be it and then he will "run" down the stairs or clean his bum with his back legs above his head or scratch his ears with his back paw.

He is walking like his back end is hurting (hips?). He will walk a bit and then sit down or lay down. He will jump but not like he was - example - last night he acted like he wanted to get on the couch but wouldn't jump up on it, he just sat and looked at me, but this morning he jumped on the bed to make sure I was awake:rolleyes:. He is walking with his hind end lower than normal.

Yesterday AM I gave him Cerenia at +2 because I was worried about him not eating. He ate everything in the AM cycle (eventually) but it was like he didn't want to move from his laying place to go eat.
    Last night PM cycle (+2) I gave him Ondansteron, a dose of Bupe and 1/2 Canna.

This morning I didn't give him any MMR with PS meal so I could give other meds. at +11.5 I gave him Cerenia and then TFS on schedule. He ate fine (he almost always will eat his PS meals with no issue). I also added some Miralax to his PS meal and his +2 meal (JIC). Going to give him a 1/2 Canna now.

He did seem to perk up after the meds last night but still not moving like he should.

Seriously thinking about a run to the vets this afternoon.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like a vet visit is a good idea. I hope you can get an answer on what is going on with Gizmo. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Lizzie, I am sorry that Gizmo is having trouble. A vet visit is a good idea. Keep us posted. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Hope it is nothing serious. "Small pellets" caught my attention as a sign of constipation. If you do head off to the vet, it might be good to have them show you how to feel his abdomen for anything hard.

Feel better Gizmo!

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Gizmo is not feeling right. Hope a vet visit clears it all up. :bighug:

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I agree with a vetty visit. I'd wonder if he has an impacted or infected anal gland or glands. We've had both here, and have seen some of the symptoms you're describing. Vetty vines and prayers!

7. LizzieInTexas

He always has had hard poo - but has been on Pancreas Booster this past week and has been a fairly regular Joe with nice-sized, moist logs (deposits) for quite a while now besides the PB. Sunday evening he had what I would describe as a "catch" in his hip. Hubby saw it to. It happened like 3 times and then he was wobbly (not in the sense of weak). I have done the same thing where my hip joint gets a "catch" in it and then pops and then hurts for a couple of days. We were not sure what happened and even thought maybe he had caught his nails on the carpet which then snapped loose and that was the cause of the hip action (for lack of better description). But it seems this all started after that.

He ate his +2.5 great (thanks webcam :smuggrin:) and was laying it wait for the feeder when it turned. I am going to wait and see how he eats at +4.5 (9am my time) and decide from there on the vet - I still have tomorrow that I can get him in if I need to. I just hate to jump the gun and spend the $$ and take the time off if he is on the mend. It would also allow me to see if there is a LB deposit (significant) this evening when I get home.

He does NOT seem nauseated, more like he just doesn't want to make the effort to get up from his bed and go eat. He is not meatloafed, is making eye contact, purring when picked up and loved on. He came and got his morning brushes this morning but it was shorter than usual.

I did a physical exam as best as I could and no reaction to legs, paws, stomach or hips on pressing/messaging them but I didn't press overly hard. Stomach is not tight and didn't seem overly firm or bloated. I tried to get a look at his behind and of course he would have NONE of that. :eek::rolleyes:

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Oh no, poor Gizmo! I hope he did just tweak something and just needs some time to mend, but I think I'd go to the vet anyway. Is there an in between, can you call your vet and tell them what's going on and see if they think it might be something that could resolve in a day or so vs he needs to come in?

Healing vines to Gizmo! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Prayers , prayers , prayers to you and sweet Gizmo , Lizzie :bighug: Praying for good vet report should u go :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. LizzieInTexas

Just a quick update - he ate his +4.5 shortly after it turned. YAY! I am going to give it overnight and evaluate. He did seem a bit better this morning but he always acts better waiting for his b-fast.:cool:

I will keep y'all posted. Thanks for all the vines and wishes. It means a lot to me just to have other that have similar concerns and issues.

Again, he only got 1/2 cap of Canna and a 1/4 tab of Cerenia this morning (no pain meds). Fingers crossed that he is more active tonight and it was just an slight injury and he is on the mend. If not it will be off to the vet tomorrow cause I don't want it to go into the weekend.

11. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Gizmo's comfort. May he continue on the mend!

12. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

You're right. A vet trip is indicated. It does sound like an injury. Of course, If he's fine tomorrow - cool.

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Sending vines

14. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=184

History:
    AMPS=211, +2=189

He seems better this evening. He was talking to me when I was getting his feeder ready, followed me upstairs when I went to change, got is brushing and tried to play-bite me. No LB deposit today. Hopefully tonight.

Thank you everyone again.:bighug:

ETA - he ate all his AM fudz and finished his PS meal in record time tonight.

Girlie's mom and Gill & George like this.
  15. carfurby (GA)

I'm glad Gizmo is doing better this evening.

16. LizzieInTexas

How are you feeling? I hope better. :bighug:

17. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Sending vines for keep feeling better, Gizmo!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. carfurby (GA)

I still don't feel that great, but not as bad as I did before. Thanks for asking.

19. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Lizzie, I'm so glad to hear that Gizmo seems to be feeling better! Are you feeling better, as well? I know you said you were feeling a bit puny a few days ago...

Sending vines for both of you... :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.