01/10 Furball +10=277 AMPS=297 +10.5=176 PMPS=220

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the air bubbles are back. :( Can you return the syringes as defective?

3. carfurby (GA)

It's one package of 10 syringes out of a box of 100. I don't think I can return them since I've gone through most of the box. I think I need to try a different brand of syringes next time I need to buy them.

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What type of syringes do you use? I use BD and I don't have many problems with air bubbles...nothing that a "flick of the finger" against the syringe won't get rid of.

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Furball is feeling good, POO on the bubbles.

6. carfurby (GA)

SureComfort. I used to use Relions until I had a hassle at Wal-Mart trying to get them. I didn't appreciate being treated like a drug user.

Beth 73 and Judy and Boomer like this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad Furball is happy and Purrdy. :cat:

Yuck, hope it’s just those 10 and the rest are okay. Why did they treat you like a drug user? :eek: That’s terrible. Do you not need a prescription where you live to buy syringes?

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hope and pray you are feeling better today , Carla :bighug::bighug::bighug: When feeling yuck u do not need to be dealing with crummy syringes :(:woot:

9. carfurby (GA)

They didn't understand that I needed syringes with the pens. They thought I should only need pen needles. The lady argued with me for several minutes. After I suggested they call my vet, the pharmacist said to give me the syringes. It was like she thought I needed syringes for drugs and not the insulin. I decided to order online after that so I wouldn't get hassled. No I don't need a prescription.

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

And you were buying insulin too?! That's awful! :mad:

I'd be having a talk with manager or supervisor to make sure that would not happen again (but that's just me). I'm so sorry that happened, but even worse that it's made things less easy for you to get the supplies you need. :bighug:

11. carfurby (GA)

It happened a couple of years ago. I just quit buying from them. I probably should have told someone why.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. carfurby (GA)

I had bought the insulin elswhere, but I had to bring proof I had a prescription for the insulin.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I just had a problem with the syringes that I bought from ADW - it wasn't air bubbles, but the lines were crooked and not consistent. They immediately sent me two new boxes. I didn't even have to return the old boxes. I was really impressed with their customer service.

14. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Psst, Furball! Do you want to meet me at blue as a fun surpurrise for our mommas?
    --Felix

15. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

That really is a lot of air! Hope the next ones work better.

I recently got a bit of flack from a pharmacist who didn't know me, when I dropped off the sharps container and asked for a new one. He went to the computer, and asked for my name, I told him I'm not in the system, as the supplies are for my cat, and I don't claim anything. He was annoyed at me and said people use their pharmacy to dump their needles, but buy them elsewhere. Like I don't spend enough money there :rolleyes:

16. carfurby (GA)

17. carfurby (GA)

Furball made it. I hope Felix does.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  18. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

19. carfurby (GA)

I ordered 3 boxes in September and am almost through the second box. I think it's been too long to call.

20. carfurby (GA)

Sometimes you just get ignorant people. Sorry you had to deal with that.

21. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Yay, Furball! Looks like Felix won't be able to make it after all, but he'll try again next cycle.

22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I see blue!

What a terrible time at the pharmacy. I sure hope the pharmacist apologized for his over zealous clerk! Geez..........

23. carfurby (GA)

It's amazing what can happen when she gets a full dose of insulin.

No he didn't apologize. Another reason not to go there.

24. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Here's to faultless syringes!!! Since Furball's dose isn't tiny, you might really like Monojects. The lines are perfect and they almost never get bubbles. I'm always careful (as I'm sure you are) to work the plunger a few times and then hold it in really forcefully when inserting into the pen. It wouldn't be hard to compensate for the "cone" on a dose like Furball's--one you can actually see!!

Hope you're feeling better today, Carla.

26. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

CVS did the same thing to me. :mad: She also argued with me about needing a prescription for the syringes (Texas doesn't require one). Then they gave the wrong meds on two of hubbys prescriptions couple of weeks later. :eek: I yanked my business and called the corporate offices and complained.

These have been wonderful lately. Let me know if you want be to send you a couple of bags to try. I have another order (3 boxes) in route so I have plenty.

https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/16367/carepoint-vet-u-100-pet-syringe-31g-half-unit

27. carfurby (GA)

Thanks Ella. I'm hoping her dose will start getting smaller. I still have a whole unopened box of the Sure Comfort syringes. I'll keep the Monojects in mind for the future. I still don't feel that great, but not as bad as I did.

28. carfurby (GA)

Sorry about your bad experience with CVS. That is horrible they gave you the wrong meds. I'd leave too.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  29. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Nice to see that Furball made it into blue today!! :cool:

30. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Vines galore for greens and blues for Furball and feel better vines for you, Carla :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.