01/11 Jerry - affects of sedation gas

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerry dutchboy, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

yesterday

Another pink start, he seems to like the pinks. Hoping for another good slide today.

Have a great day today and hope the fur babies stay safe.:bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jerry slides down and surfs today.

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Hope you continue feeling better.

Safe surfing for Jerry:)

5. Jerry dutchboy

Had to take Jerry to the vet this morning as he still wasn't pooping. It was his anal glands. Unfortunately he needed gas so the vet could express his glands. She also gave him a half enema. He passed poop when we got home around middday. He's still wobbly, but has thrown up about three times and isn't interested in food. He also hasn't peed. I don't want to over-react but is this something I should be concerned about?

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Deidre, I would imagine that he could still be nauseas from being constipated and having his anal glands full.

Do you think he could still have some poop that he hasn't pass yet?

I would try some all meat baby food to see if he would get interested in eating and if he is still throwing up by tomorrow, I would want him seen again.

7. Jerry dutchboy

Thank you Bobbi..just wanted to make sure. It's only been 4 and a half hours so I'm trying to be calm. I'm a terrible helicopter Mom. According to the vet he wasn't backed up and only gave the enema so that he could pass BM easily as he would be sore. He keeps going to the LB but nothing else is coming.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Poor boy. Hope he will eat for you and not throw up anymore. Hopefully , someone who has experience will gas sedation will weigh in. I guess it could be possible for the gas to have made him nauseas.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  9. Jerry dutchboy

Update: Jerry finally ate something and has stopped throwing up. His BG is high, which doesn't surprise me considering what he's been through today. I gave him half a dose of insulin ( chicken shot).