01-12-20 Salem PMPS 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

G
    ood Morning !!!!

not feeling too good this morning bare with me ! My back hurts and I took some antiobotics for UTI so my stomachs crapping as much as my back is ...:confused::oops::arghh:
    Well Salem stayed in the greens all day except his amps and his pmps . Luckily I stayed up and caught he went down to 47/43 @ +3.5 . Surprised me he had been staying above that . So today we got a decrease back to 1.5 units !
    I hope everyone has a great Sunday !
    :)

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-pmps-121-47-43-3-5-4-94.224155/#post-2507985

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good catch last night. I hope Salem surfs safely today. Have you ever tried D-Manosse for a UTI? It binds to the bacteria and carries it out of your body. You can take it with an antibiotic. Also if you take something like Saccharomyces Boulardii or Florastor while you are taking the antibiotic it will help your stomach feel better. I hope you feel better soon. Sending prayers.

Tina and Salem and Sonia & Leo like this.
  3. Tina and Salem

I heard about that my daughter and me both get them a lot . I read about it awhile back but never tried it . Does it work well . I’m getting tired of these things . They really hurt ..

Have you ever seen a cat whenever he gets frustrated at me with testing and shooting insulin Salem just jerks he’s head back the other way and makes this sighing noise like hmmm !! Or like a growling noise he’s so silly I have to laugh every-time he does it . Then I tell him I’m sorry sweetie but it’s apart of us now so you stay well . Whether he knows what I’m saying who knows ??? Lol

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've tried the D-Mannose - and in fact started taking one capsule daily as a preventative - along with a Cranberry supplement. I've had a history of those darn UTI's and that regimen seemed to help reduce the frequency immensely!

Salem sure made you work for it yesterday didn't he! I hope he'll surf safely today!

Yep, you just keep telling him that this is helping him and you're just trying to save his life. I used to tell Luci that when she'd give me a hard time - and I swear it finally got thru. Now she sits and purrs during the whole thing...I'd tell her that I didn't like doing this any better than she liked having it done (the poke that is)...but it was to save her life and if I didn't do it, she'd die...and I just kept telling her that - the hard facts, ya know?

I hope you'll feel better soon...start that supplement regimen...and drink plenty of water to flush that bacteria out. Hope you can get some rest:bighug:

5. Tina and Salem

Thanks ladies yeah I take the cranberry supplements. I’m going to go find that stuff today and give it to my daughter too now that’s she’s married now lol ...I’m going they Menopause too ! Started it a couple years ago it’s symptoms are back again !
    I tell Salem all those same exact things sometimes he dnt mind it all and sometimes he just jerks that he and makes that hmm sighing sound my husband laughs says you dnt worried the poor fellow to death ! Hey it’s for his own good if he wants to live like you said Sue . Prayers to all the sick kitties I hope boomers doing better Judy @Judy and Boomer ! I hope furbabys still purrring and Lucis keeping those paws clean for Mommie Sue !

Sonia & Leo and Judy and Boomer like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I've used D-Manosse for myself and for Furball and it does help.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Thank you Tina. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tina and Salem likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Congrats on reducie. Hope Salem knows it will be done regardless what he thinks.

9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Good advice from Sue and Carla. I hope you feel better soon Tina. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Nice reducie Salem!! :D

10. Tina and Salem

Sorry I been just as lazy today I just washed dishes I haven’t done nothing all day . Feeling a little better . Salems still doing great !i hope he does go too low . I ordered some bigger gauges for testing since I’m having so much trouble getting his ears to bleed maybe I should have gotten 23 gauge instead of the 21 gauge . It works ! Lol it works making his ears bleed more than I wanted I tried the 26 samples my mother gave me but still he had trouble bleeding . I think I will go try the 23 gauge .. These 21 gauge are for cats and dogs called pet test from advocate . Have a good night !

Sonia & Leo likes this.