01/14 Walter AMPS 546 PMPS 187

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Zelda would you consider switching to Levemir to see if that would help Walter with these sky high bounces? He did so well day before yesterday but his reaction to those low numbers...well .... not so good. Just something to think about...he sure gets the trophy for championship bouncing.

I hope you have a pleasant day and he's doing well otherwise. Gaining weight? Eating ok?

3. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Hi Sue— thanks for checking. Weight and appetite are good. I think I shouldn’t have decreased the dose to 1 when he dipped a few days ago—probably should have held at the 2.5? I’m reluctant to switch insulin but think I should bring him back up to 2.5. I need to be away (South Sudan) the first few weeks in February for work and won’t be accessible— am debating if I should board him or have a vet tech come in a few times a day. Pros and cons to both.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see some blue last night. Some kitties are just bouncy. I wouldn't switch insulin this close to being away. You won't have enough time to learn how it works.

Sonia & Leo and Zelda & Walter like this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I agree with Carla - I didn't realize you have an absence planned. This isn't the time for any changes.

As for a pet sitter versus boarding, I guess I'd go with who can monitor the most. I'm not familiar with being away for that long - and have no experience with either - perhaps some of the other folks on the board can share their experiences.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  6. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

Hang in there ! Blackie was in high numbers too when we started and he's just now starting to see yellows and blues. It's a process.

Zelda & Walter likes this.