01/15 Mango amps 106,@+3.5 67,@+ 5.25 67,@+8.5 78,@+10.5 95, @+11 84, pmps 72, @+1.25 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lesliejm, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

:cat::coffee:

LuanneP likes this.
  2. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

What do the numbers say about Mango and how his pancreas is looking? Why the blues in the morning and night? Do they have to be all greens before I can try him OTJ? I am home today, but we can see what his numbers look like during the day. I am happy with them, but just don't get how it works. I want to make sure his remission will be good so I will stay on juice until then.

3. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

The blues need to be largely out of the picture before an OTJ trial is recommended, those preshot numbers, especially the AMPS are notoriously stubborn and the last ones to come down.

Mango is doing fantastic, the past 3 days in particular are looking superb. I think the next step for you would be once you get all greens on this dose for about a week, or you get a number below 50, you would reduce to 1 drop and see where he goes from there.

Here’s one for you to check out to see what it looks like, China, recently OTJ:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...fYnBXsn4CMEYcHC9xhNbYWHQyA/edit#gid=361360320

LuanneP and Lesliejm like this.
  5. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

:banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh: he won't eat he ate a little breakfast no lunch I'm going to beat him!!!!

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  6. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

What kind of appetite stimulant do I request from my vet he is not eating and I'm going to beat him or myself don't know which one yet.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  7. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I need to know the best appetite stimulants as soon as possible my vet will be closing and I want to get a prescription for it because he just isn't eating I went on hand for emergencies only

8. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

He just ate a few licks! Maybe he in not a big eater? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

9. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

His usual pattern of going up at this time.

10. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

You can request Mirtazapine or Cyproheptadine. There is pro and cons to both.

Have you tried some tasty toppings yet? Like parmesan cheese, forti-flora, tuna water, tuna flakes?

12. Stacy & Asia

Leslie, I don’t have any personal use experience with appetite stimulants, I would see what your vet suggests, additonally, a couple of them were discussed in Darwin’s condo yesterday:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...morning-hanging-in-there.189612/#post-2110956

Is he acting okay otherwise? Is he licking his lips or hiding or acting off?

Have you tried:
    • Warming up his food a bit, the smell can entice him
    • A variety of different flavor/food options, perhaps he’s being picky
    • A sprinkle of freeze dried chicken, dry food, parm cheese over top his food to encourage eating
    And I know you’re just joking, but please don’t beat him, he may only want to eat you if you do that!

13. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I would never beat him! lol He would rip my face off!! [​IMG]

14. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I have tried parm and dried duck liver and even Wellness Core dry. He is acting normal and playing. Maybe he just doesn't want to eat or wants to drive m0ma crazy!! Lets see who cracks first! {me of course!} [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  15. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Ok, enough venting for me! lol

16. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I like your style.

Hope Mango gets a case of the munchies, likely when you are not looking, shortly.

17. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I gave in and gave a little of his old food. Not much! But that is all he ate so far. Had to give shot and he was at 72bg.

18. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Could his low numbers be because he really hasn't eaten? He is usually in blue by now.

19. Stacy & Asia

It has been my experience with Asia that her numbers go down without food, so yes, I think that could be a possibility.

Lesliejm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.