01/16 Freckles AMPS 119--I shouldn't shoot, right?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

This is our first AMPS. Last night was our first ever dosage. She was at 267. This morning she is 119, so I didn't shoot. I'll test again in a few hours. I hope that's correct. :)

2. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

From your intro post, it looks like there has been a good response to the recent change to canned food. This is great!

I would agree that 119 is low for just starting out, so it is OK that you skipped today. Going forward, will you be able to put together a spreadsheet? This will help those who can give dose advice to suggest if you should reduce or skip. The spreadsheet will also be very helpful to record mid cycle tests. Lantus dose decisions should be made based on how low the BG goes which would typically be mid (i.e. +6). Every cat is different (ECID) so will have to see when Freckles goes low and how low she goes.

Great job doing home testing and staying safe. So glad the switch to canned food is helping! Please put NS (no shot) in your spreadsheet for today AM and let's see what kind of test results you get through the day.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That’s correct. Please read the stickies so you can start thinking about which approach you are going to follow. Add a signature. Include what you are feeding, type of meter, dose of insulin and which insulin so we don’t keep asking you. Also link your previous post each day.

4. tiffmaxee

5. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Thank you everyone! I've added the spreadsheet. After all the reading we've done, I think we'll try the SLGS method. I will reread information again, today. The spreadsheet shows the dose amount, I will add the insulin, meter type and food. Thanks again!

And Tiffmaxee, thank you for the link. I appreciate that.

6. tiffmaxee

My pleasure. Ask as many questions as come into your mind. We love that as it allows us to help you.

Now click on your name at the top. Click on signature. We like all that info when you post so we don’t have to look at your ss or labs for it. Helps if in a hurray and then we won’t keep asking you. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  7. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

OK, I don't know how to edit the title to show additional BG test results. But I just tested at +5 and it was 96.

8. tiffmaxee

Hi. Click on thread tools and then edit title. That’s a great +5. :D

9. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

At what measurement do I not give her her insulin shot tonight? I will test again around+11 because we'd like to move the 12 hour schedule up.

10. tiffmaxee

I think I’d give her .75. Let’s see what her PMPS number is.

11. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

209 tonight. Shall I just give her the full dose?

12. tiffmaxee

You can. Can you get a +2 or 3? It will give you an idea what the cycle will be like.

13. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Yes. I can test again in two hours. Her poor ears. I don't have the knack of this yet and haven't gotten a successful test off one poke yet. I think my lancets are too tiny. 33s.

14. tiffmaxee

Yes. Get the ones for alternative sites. They are bigger. I actually used size 25g terumo needles. My vet taught me using needles as he preferred them. I never switched. Also get some neosporin ointment with pain relief. It really works.

15. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.