01/17 Chanel AMPS 365

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura & Chanel, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Jan 11, 2020

Coming back among friends! The vet adventure is going to stop for a while, hopefully a long while. We sent the sample for allergy test and curious about the feedback. Meanwhile, we got Chanel back on the old LC dry food routine and what can we say, we have a pouting kitty on our hands, maybe because the EGC is not completely gone?!:). She will get used in time and accept the situation.
    It will take some time to get the HC out of her system, but we look forward to clear her pouty lip and get her diet and environment cleaned of anything that she might be allergic to (looking forward to it because oh man, I am so so itchy for not being able to use my creams, my skin really suffers; however, I do not want her to be deprived of our cuddly moments, so I will continue to scratch myself for a while :).

She got some pate early in the morning, 2 am. She enjoyed it big time but I could hear her poor tummy gurgling afterwards. I wonder why she has that problem only when it is pate (she did not have the same issue on the Tiki Cat Mousse though, although for me the consistency is quite the same except for the pate I need to add water). I guess an ingredient comparison might be needed.

Tomorrow, RAID day. We will be cleaning everything with the RAID flea spray. I cannot believe I did not do that in more than a year, especially because we live in a building full of dogs. I am sure it will help, especially that she likes when everything is squeaky clean (if it were by Chanel's book of rules, I would have to change the sheets every day).

I hope your little ones are doing great today and wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
    Stay warm :)

AmandaE likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can get Chanel back to feeling good and get her lip cleared up. I wonder if the pate bothering her is just the brand of food? Good luck with the cleaning tomorrow. Raid is wonderful stuff. That's what finally got rid of the flea outbreak I had last summer.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

The good thing about the LC dry food? it is LC. The bad thing, she would not eat it, or maybe that is a good thing too. I do not know, the evening and the night will tell because that is when we are at home so she can get vocal and complain :(
    I tried Fancy Feast pate in the beginning, after the dental cleaning, thinking that it would help her getting nutrient dense food and not having to chew on it. She got the tummy noises and actually bad cramps as well that the vet said that we better stop it. Now she was eating Wellness Core pate and although she enjoyed it, again the tummy gurgling. If I would go on a wild guess, I may need to go again to Petco & Petsmart and get 2-3 cans of each type of chicken pate from various companies. The downside is that I would have to go on and off the pate so I can determine which one is the bad one. At this point I guess it was easier for me to say it was the pate, but I have no previous good experience with the pate so no good example to compare with.
    I went home to feed her and of course she did not touch the dry food and forced me to go in concussion protocol (crawling under the table to feed her). Left Alexa on music so she will not feel so alone. Since we were both under the table, the BG testing was not an option. Hopefully tonight she will be a little better BG-wise and maybe she will spare me the 'crying' for dry food...but I do not have high hopes on that. I am sure she is preparing her strategy to attack :)
    @carfurby I was reading about your experience with RAID and that made me realize 'oh no, we have so many dogs around and who knows what we have on our carpets'. The difficulty will probably be to keep her in one room until everything gets dry. I hope it dries fast.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

I think there is some improvement on her BOTOX lip. Of course, she would not let me take a good picture of her lower lip, so it leaves a lot to imagination. First picture (day 1, left; day 7, right).
    Second picture - what she does every day: watching the same season of The Witcher. I would say she anxiously looking forward to Season 2. I know I do :)

Attached Files: