01/18/20 Apple AMPS 176 - Numbers Going Back Up!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caren & Apple, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Someone else should be around in a bit- I'd try editting your title to put the question mark up. My comment will bump it up but the post can get buried around this time of day.

It looks they recommended holding the dose for 8 to 10 cycles if you were getting nice greens. You did yesterday, but not today. So, I am not 100% sure, but it seemed like you would hold tonight and reevaluate tomorrow or the next ( at end of 10 cycles).

If he free feeds, it is possible some of the pinks are from food ?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hold the dose :). It may be a delayed bounce from those greens yesterday, or perhaps if Apple ate after his nadir which was a little earlier in this cycle, that can end up putting the brakes on insulin duration. If he is bouncing, you want to give him 6 cycles from those lower greens to see if the bounce clears. For most cats, it can usually take up to 6 cycles, sometimes sooner. Time for a wee bit of patience ;)

Sonia & Leo and Si am cat mom like this.
  4. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Yes, but I would have to say not anymore than the other numbers. The last pink we got was after a strict 2 hours.

5. Caren & Apple

Caren & Apple Member

Believe me, I'm in no rush to increase after that nice 70. We always like to check and double check to see if we're doing it right :)