01-18-20 Salem PMPS 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Good Morning
    !
    I decided to go back to 1.50 units he’s BGs was going back up when I decrease to the 1.25 units at first I thought he was just bouncing but he just stayed in the blues which were good numbers still but he wasn’t going in the greens like he was so I figured it was a failed reduction .
    I looked at his chart trying to find a pattern to see how he does and remember all the things I learned about the depot and when the cycle is active and I just couldn’t figure it out ?
    I’m ready for any of you advance people to look at his chart to see what you think is going on ?
    I dnt know if there’s a in between dosage between to the two dosages ? I know I read you where you increase or decrease to .25 or .50 units . It also mentions some people shave between dosage too . So I decided to go back to the 1.50 units which I thought was the best dosage and see what goes on then I can start shaving either increasing or decreasing dosage . Maybe when he went under 50 I should have waited before reducing so soon ? I’m still learning ... can anyone look at Salems chart to try to see what you think is going on ?
    I hope everyone has a great weekend !
    I would like for him to stay around 80 in the greens I feel it’s a safe number .

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-17-luci-amps-244.224413/#post-2511178

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wish I had answers for you. In the same boat myself. One dose to much, next is not enough. You can do skinny dose (pull up dose and squirt 1 or 2 drops out), If using calipers, split the difference. Not ideal either way, but some kitties just have to be difficult about it.

Tina and Salem and Si am cat mom like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice to see some green today. I'm not sure about the dose. Maybe add the ? icon to your subject line to get more attention.

Tina and Salem likes this.
  4. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

5. Tina and Salem

Thanks for answering ....I think that’s what I’m going to try different skinny dosing tonight . I filled the syringe at 1.50 units with the plunger right above the half mark and let a drop come out of the needle . My husbands a mechanic he said he had several calipers in his shop. I think I will try that too ! And Thanks for the advice it helps me a lot !
    Have a good night ! :)

6. Tina and Salem

6D1BA903-FF55-4358-B4C3-7D2E5F46BAAD.jpeg Salems sister Bella she had a allergic reaction to just a few fleas I think they about drive her crazy . And really irritated her skin . I never understand how a cat gets fleas when they stay in the house all the time ? We got two dogs outside I just assume when my husband goes outside to fed them he must carry them in the house . She’s flea free now we got her one of those expensive flea collars for $35 at chewy.com “ serestro ....at the veterinary office they want $75 for one ! poor baby she’s good now ! Got to get Salem one now . He’s not allergic to fleas . But he does scratch . I just hate them things ! Hurt my babies :( I comb all three every night to check for them critters . I mean how do they survive in the cold winter days I know my house is warm but really are they not suppose to die out in the winter season ?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  7. carfurby (GA)

Please keep an eye on their necks. Some cats can have an allergic reaction to flea collars.

Tina and Salem and Si am cat mom like this.
  8. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

I wish I could help. The numbers look great to me. Hang in there , you'll find the right dose.

9. Tina and Salem

Yeah I seen where it kills some cats . I tried not to use the collar . I avoided it for so long. We tried all kinds of natural stuff . she just keep getting skin irration after irration it got really bad that she had to be on two antibiotics . Plus medicated shampoo. I was using advantage but it stopped working . I felt so bad for her . She’s been wearing it since November now and she looks great and she’s acting way better now . I think she got depressed from those nasty fleas . I tried so many things it just kept coming back I finally tried the collar . Thanks for the heads up ! That’s why we avoided it for so long cause its dangerous and she has allergies to lots of things. Unlike Salem .

10. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

I know with fleas what had worked for me was vacuuming and then getting rid of the bag/ dumping the contents right away. The problem with fleas is that you have to get all the life stages and flea eggs can be dormant for 2 weeks- especially in colder weather. The topicals and collars usually kill the adults and then stop them from reproducing, but it won't get larvae and eggs. It can take 2-3 months to get it all under control. Definitely a hassle, sorry. I use lemongrass oil also to repel the fleas from the fabrics I can. Hope your little ones feel better soon.

11. Tina and Salem

Oh yes we been doing that too vacuuming and running them outside to the trash . We even sprayed the whole house down with vinegar and water . I hear they dnt like lavender or coconut too . I even once shampooed my Carpet with salty water in the shampooer lol it really helped . It’s suppose to dry them out . I’m getting ready to pull this carpet out ! I’d rather have hardwood floors anyways it’s more cleaner with pets anyways . We dnt see them now anywhere but maybe one or two on the cats . I just hate those nasty things along with mice ! My husband once came home with fleas bombs I said no way we got cats in this house ! I’m scared of those things it goes everywhere on everything too dangerous . lol he tried ! Thanks !

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  12. carfurby (GA)

I got fleas really bad last summer because the Advantage II stopped working. I ended up using Revolution because nothing else worked. I was afraid to try flea collars. I also used Raid flea spray once a week until they were gone. I hope you get rid of them completely.

Si am cat mom and Tina and Salem like this.
  13. Tina and Salem

Yeah the one in the purple and black spray can works good but I have to spray one room at a time so to keep the cats away from it for a Few hours . They are almost gone . I’m so glad. We even gave them capstar to just get the fleas off of them for awhile. It doesn’t kill the eggs but it does give them some relief for awhile . The first hour the cats go crazy as the fleas start dying they get really active and the cats start running . it drives the cats crazy at first while the fleas are dying . We done the water in the bowel thing too to capture some fleas near the light with a white towel under the bowel .

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020