01/19 Chanel AMPS 289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura & Chanel, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/01-18-chanel-amps-340-pmps-348.224480/#post-2511802

I know I promised to take a BG test before bed. I couldn't because here the weather changed so badly that now I can barely see what I am writing because of my headache. I had to wait for my hands to stop shaking so I can do the insulin. Oh well, that is a problem when you are weather sensitive.
    Chanel is still a little upset about the dry food, the new one is not on her taste. However, she accepted graciously to eat pate and mousse, but she always ends up with her favorite soupy Fancy Feast. At this point, that Fancy Feast is the only one with beef, everything else is chicken. Skin itchiness less, cannot say that I saw her jumping out of her sleep to start grooming. So, the chicken seems OK, hopefully the beef is too.
    Now she has an ear issue at the left one but she started to feel better. Taking the Zyrtec although today she put up a show in spitting it out multiple times.
    At 2.30 am she jumped in bed to have her very early breakfast, then jumped off the bed and relax.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad she liked the FF - sorry about your migraine! Those things are real boogers when they're from the barometric pressure changes - nothing you can do but ride it out. I hope it passes soon.

3. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

oh, the Fancy Feast is the old one she always likes to have it, the one with the broth. The pate is from Wellness Core 95 or the mousse from Tiki Cat. She seems to be content, sleeping in front of TV.
    @Sue and Luci How is baby Luci? I would like to ask you: what is a fat dose? Also, I see you held the 1U more than one week (same in 2019 with other doses). Since her numbers look great, how did you know to do that? I do not remember reading that and I wonder if maybe you can actually see the numbers in a different way and decide to go longer with 1U and then change to a fat 1U. Sorry to keep asking questions, FD is a challenging thing to learn especially when trying to understand the numbers.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you're feeling better. The weather affects my head too. I hope Chanel continues to eat for you and itch less.

5. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

It will go away at some point, right? Chanel is eating and maybe itching less? :) or maybe it is just in my imagination. I cannot wait for that allergy test results.

6. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Dont apologize for asking questions...you are trying to keep your baby safe.
    I tried a magnifying glass and several lines pieces of paper to try and read my syringe better for fine dosing. The light above my sink makes for a good backlight, but I have used my phone.